County Government of Kilifi
REPUBLIC OF KENYA
COUNTY GOVERNMENT OF KILIFI
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
The Kilifi County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions.
Department of Finance and Economic Planning
1. Principal Accountant J/G ‘N’ (2 Posts) REF:CG/KLF/CPSB/ADVRT/45/06/18- Re advertisement
Duties and Responsibilities
• Providing financial advisory services to the departmental head and other Officer in the department.
• Interpretation and implementation of financial regulation and procedures, circulars, letters and instructions.
• Ensuring expenditure are within the voted allocation.
• Ensuring that management financial reports are accurate and timely submitted.
• Asset and accounting records management in the department.
• Planning, directing, coordinating, supervising areas of control in the department.
• Training and development of accounts staff and setting targets for the department
• Assisting in the preparation of final accounts.
• Liaison person to country treasury and external auditors.
• Ensuring funds requisition schedule is timely submitted.
• Ensuring the department has effective internal control system.
Requirements for Appointment
• A Business degree from a reputable University
• CPA (K)
• Proof of computer literacy
• Five years relevant experience
Terms of Service: Permanent
Salary Scale: 51,660 – 69,990 p.m.
Other Allowances are as issued by SRC from time to time
For candidates to meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, all applicants must obtain the following:
(a) Tax compliance certificate from KRA
(b) Clearance certificate from HELB
(c) Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC)
(d) Certificate of good conduct
(e) Credit Reference Bureau clearance
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria MUST use the Application for Employment Form (KCPSB 001) and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates and testimonials.
The form can either be;
• Obtained from the Kilifi County Public Service Board Offices OR
• Downloaded from the Kilifi County website
Applicants can choose to;
• Deliver the form to the Office of the Secretary; County Public Service Board at the Kilifi Complex Centre, Tuskys Building 2nd Floor
• Address it to;-
THE SECRETARY, COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
KILIFI COUNTY GOVERNMENT
P.O BOX 491-80108
All applications in hard copy stating the post applied for should be received not later than 5.00pm on 4th day of July, 2018.
Kilifi County is an equal opportunity employer hence encourages women and physically challenged persons to apply.
§ Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
§ Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.