County Government Of Kilifi
REPUBLIC OF KENYA
COUNTY GOVERNMENT OF KILIFI
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
Department of Finance and Economic Planning
2. Principal Procurement Officer J/G ‘N’ (12 Posts) REF:CG/KLF/CPSB/ADVRT/46/06/18- Re advertisement
Duties and Responsibilities
• Submitting quarterly reports to public procurement oversight authority (PPOA)
• Recommendation for the disposal of redundant and absolete goods and services
• Receiving specification from users departments and giving the correct description and standard to suppliers
• Store management and inventory control
• Public procurement of goods, work and services
• Follow up, expediting and de-expediting of outstanding deliveries
• Receiving purchase requests from user departments
• Procurement process documentation and improvement
• Order processing to success suppliers
• Policy formulation and implementation
• Documentation for auditing purposes
• Inventory management and stock level control
• Total quality management (TQM) and assurance
• Contact design and management
• Records management
Requirement for Appointment
• The principal Procurement Officer will Report to the Head of Supply Chain Management Services
• Bachelor degree in Supply Chain management/ or a degree in a business related field
• Master Degree in Purchasing and Logistics or its equivalent will be an added advantage
• Diploma in Procurement or Supply Chain Management (except those with degree in Procurement)
• Five years relevant work experience
• Excellent analytical negotiation, Communication and Interpersonal skills
• Candidate MUST be a Professional member of KISM for the last three consecutive years.
• Candidate MUST have a current Professional Practicing License
• Familiar with the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal act 2015 and any other relevant Procurement Laws
• Familiar with the Supplies Practitioners Management act 2012.
Special Skills and Competence
• Familiar with the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act 2015 and any other relevant procurement Laws
• Familiar with the Supplies Practitioners management Act 2012
• Application of the Public Procurement and Disposal Regulation (County Government) Regulations 2013
• Procurement Planning
• Strategic Sourcing and Just In Time (JIT) Arrangements
• Supplier negotiations
• Quality management and assurance
Terms of Service: Permanent
Salary Scale: 51,660 – 69,990 p.m.
Other Allowances are as issued by SRC from time to time
For candidates to meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, all applicants must obtain the following:
(a) Tax compliance certificate from KRA
(b) Clearance certificate from HELB
(c) Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC)
(d) Certificate of good conduct
(e) Credit Reference Bureau clearance
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria MUST use the Application for Employment Form (KCPSB 001) and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates and testimonials.
The form can either be;
• Obtained from the Kilifi County Public Service Board Offices OR
• Downloaded from the Kilifi County website
Applicants can choose to;
• Deliver the form to the Office of the Secretary; County Public Service Board at the Kilifi Complex Centre, Tuskys Building 2nd Floor
• Address it to;-
THE SECRETARY, COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
KILIFI COUNTY GOVERNMENT
P.O BOX 491-80108
All applications in hard copy stating the post applied for should be received not later than 5.00pm on 4th day of July, 2018.
Kilifi County is an equal opportunity employer hence encourages women and physically challenged persons to apply.
• Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
• Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.