County Government of Kirinyaga
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
Experience Level: Management level
Experience Length: 5 years
Kirinyaga County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified person to fill the following position in the Department of Administration and Public Service. This is pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Section 63 of the County Government Act, 2012
3. KERUGOYA /KUTUS MUNICIPAL MANAGER – JOB GROUP “P” (1 POST)
Job Ref: KCPSB/KKMM/P/03/19/06/18
Terms of Service: Contract
Duties and Responsibilities
• Answerable to the board and implement the decisions and functions of the board as per Urban Areas and Cities Act,2011 Section 20 and 21
• In charge of administration and accounting, take responsibility for overall performance. Manage utilization of staff, capacity building and maintain staff discipline
• Manage Administration in accordance to the Urban and Cities Areas Act, 2011 and applicable legislations.
• Formulation and implementation of policies, strategies, plans and programmes
• Develop, implement an integrated Development Plan and monitor its progress
• Administer and implement by-laws and applicable legislations
• Ensure that an economically viable, effective, efficient and accountable administration is established and developed
• Account for the Municipality’s income and expenditure, assets
• Guides and oversees the budget preparation and implementation process of the Municipality
• Ensure the achievement of the Municipal mandate and common purpose through recognition and mobilization of support within the political and administrative leadership interlinks
• Ensure Municipal services are delivered in a sustainable and balanced way
• Build alliance for service delivery whilst working efficiently and co-operatively with key and critical municipal stakeholders
• Facilitate good governance and compliance through performance monitoring and evaluation
• Promote a culture of performance and accountability by setting and maintaining performance standards
• Conflict resolution
• Perform such other functions assigned by the board
Requirements for Appointment:
• A bachelor’s degree in Urban Management, Urban/Physical Planning, Economic planning, Public Administration or any related field from an institution recognized in Kenya
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of socio-economic dynamics in Kirinyaga County
• Have knowledge, experience and distinguished career of not less than five (5) years at a senior management level
• Be a strategic thinker and result oriented Wide knowledge in Urban Development Policies and Financial Management
• Registration with a relevant professional body is an added advantage.
• Good knowledge and interpretation of key and related Urban Areas and Cities Legislations and Policies, Knowledge of Municipal Operations and Delegation of Powers
Skills and Competencies
Must be an excellent communicator at all levels; A visionary, transformative and inspirational leader; Customer oriented and sensitive to the needs of the communities; An action driven team player; Ability to identify and develop opportunities of the Municipality; and developmental strategist.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed
• Curriculum Vitae,
• Academic and Professional certificates,
• National Identity Card or Passport and
• Any other supporting documents.
Clearly indicate the position applied for, both on the cover letter and the envelope.
Applications should be addressed to:
County Public Service Board
P O Box 260 – 10304
Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the County Headquarters 4TH floor, KUTUS (Office of County Public Service Board between 8.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. on weekdays).
Applicants should seek clearance and attach copies or evidence thereof of the updated documents below.
• Kenya Revenue Authority
• Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission
• Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
• Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
• Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board (CPSB) on or before the
Friday, 29th June 2018
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their applications.
Women and persons living with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply.
Salary and benefits attached to these posts are as per the guidelines by Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to visit our website:
http:www//kirinyaga.go.ke/resource-center/job-opportunities/ for more details
The Kirinyaga County Government is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit kirinyaga.go.ke.