County Government of Kirinyaga
- Job Summary
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
Experience Level: Senior level
Experience Length: 5 years
Kirinyaga County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified person to fill the following position in the Department of Administration and Public Service. This is pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Section 63 of the County Government Act, 2012.
1. DIRECTOR ROADS – JOB GROUP “R” (1 POST)
Job Ref: KCPSB/DR/R/01/19/06/18
Terms of Service: Contract
Duties and Responsibilities
The Officer will be responsible for the following:
• Implementing road sector policies for efficient roads infrastructure services under the county jurisdiction
• Preparing, monitoring and evaluating projects and strategic plans
• Carrying out traffic planning and managing traffic data
• Preparing roads investment programs in the county
• Supervising roads consultancy services
• Collecting and collating economic, environmental and social data for road investment programs and strategies
• Designing roads projects
• Preparing tender documents for road projects
• Participating in preparing procurement plans and budget for road development projects
• Ensuring road construction projects are executed in accordance with standards and specifications Requirements for Appointment:
• Be a Kenyan citizen;
• Be a holder of a Degree in Civil Engineering, or its equivalent from a recognized University
• Served in the grade of Principal Superintendent Engineer or comparable and relevant position in the Civil Engineering sector or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
• Have an Experience of not less than five (5) years in a senior position in the relevant field;
• Be registered with the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya(ERB);
• A current valid Practicing license from the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya;
• Proficiency in relevant computer applications.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed
• Curriculum Vitae,
• Academic and Professional certificates,
• National Identity Card or Passport and
• Any other supporting documents.
Clearly indicate the position applied for, both on the cover letter and the envelope.
Applications should be addressed to:
County Public Service Board
P O Box 260 – 10304
Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the County Headquarters 4TH floor, KUTUS (Office of County Public Service Board between 8.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. on weekdays).
Applicants should seek clearance and attach copies or evidence thereof of the updated documents below.
• Kenya Revenue Authority
• Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission
• Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
• Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
• Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board (CPSB) on or before the
Friday, 29th June 2018
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their applications.
Women and persons living with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply.
Salary and benefits attached to these posts are as per the guidelines by Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to visit our website:
http:www//kirinyaga.go.ke/resource-center/job-opportunities/ for more details
The Kirinyaga County Government is an equal opportunity employer.