County Government of Kirinyaga
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
Experience Level: Senior level
Experience Length: 5 years
Kirinyaga County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified person to fill the following position in the Department of Administration and Public Service. This is pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Section 63 of the County Government Act, 2012.
2. DEPUTY DIRECTOR SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT SERVICES – JOB GROUP “Q” (1 POST)
Job Ref: KCPSB/DDSC/Q/02/19/06/18
Terms of Service: Contract
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assisting the Director, Supply Chain Management Services in the day to day duties, innovation and design of Supply Chain Management operations and procedures;
• Providing administrative guidelines on the implementation and interpretation of Public Procurement and Disposal Act 2015 and the relevant regulations;
• Developing a regulatory framework and standards; updating existing rules and regulations in line with the changing environment such as laws, executive orders and related statutes;
• Provision of appropriate guidance on the Supply Chain Management policy matters to Ministries/Departments and Institutions;
• Introduction of systems that will facilitate effective and efficient management of the Supply Chain Management Function, including proper documentation of procurement proceedings and safe custody of the all procurement records in accordance with set laws and related statutes;
• Advising County Officers on Supply Chain Management matters, ensuring high professional procurement and asset disposal principles are adhered to;
• Assisting in procurement planning and budget preparation as per existing laws, regulations and county policies;
• Coordinate the administration of Scheme of Service for Supply Chain Management Personnel and capacity building;
• Coordinate monitoring and evaluation of supply chain function, analyzing supply chain management structures and systems; determine and propose methods of compliance. Requirements for Appointment:
• Served in the grade of Deputy/Assistant Director, Supply Chain Management Services for a minimum period of five (5) years in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service or relevant working experience of not less than Ten (10) years in a comparable relevant position in the Private Sector,
• Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management from a recognized university or any Business degree with a Post Graduate diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management;
• Master’s Degree in any of the following:- Procurement and Supply Management, Business Administration, Commerce, Logistics and Supply Chain Management or any other relevant field from a recognized Institution will be an added advantage
• Demonstrated professional competence, administrative capabilities and initiative in the general organization and management of the Supply Chain Management function and possess through understanding of Supply Chain Management issues and emerging Supply Chain Management trends and techniques;
• MUST be registered with Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM);
• MUST satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
• High degree of professional and public administrative competence in work performance and results;
• Personal integrity, a strong commitment to openness, honesty and demonstrating tolerance and capacity to inspire trust in others;
• Personal responsibility and willingness to accept responsibility for own actions and outcomes; and
• A thorough understanding of national goals/pillars, policies and programs and ability to translate them to supply chain management.
• A thorough understanding of the Integrated Financial Management Information System (IFMIS)
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed
• Curriculum Vitae,
• Academic and Professional certificates,
• National Identity Card or Passport and
• Any other supporting documents.
Clearly indicate the position applied for, both on the cover letter and the envelope.
Applications should be addressed to:
County Public Service Board
P O Box 260 – 10304
Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the County Headquarters 4TH floor, KUTUS (Office of County Public Service Board between 8.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. on weekdays).
Applicants should seek clearance and attach copies or evidence thereof of the updated documents below.
• Kenya Revenue Authority
• Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission
• Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
• Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
• Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board (CPSB) on or before the
Friday, 29th June 2018
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their applications.
Women and persons living with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply.
Salary and benefits attached to these posts are as per the guidelines by Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to visit our website:
http:www//kirinyaga.go.ke/resource-center/job-opportunities/ for more details
The Kirinyaga County Government is an equal opportunity employer.