County Government Of Kisii
The Kisii County Government wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Section 63 of the County Government Act, 2012.
7. INSPECTOR BUILDING J/G ‘J/K/L’ (2 POSTS)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Interpretation of Architectural and Engineering drawings;
• Checking minor repairs and alterations of existing buildings;
• Assisting in planning and supervision of building projects;
• Preparation of Bill of Quantities for building projects;
• Assisting in preparation of monthly physical progress report of individual projects;
• Preparation of cost estimates and schedule of materials for buildings projects;
• Preparation of simple building designs/drawings;
• Inspection of ongoing works.
Requirement and Competencies
• Be a Kenyan Citizen
• Have a Diploma in Architecture/Building Economics and Management/Building Construction/ Civil
Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
• Must be registered with Architectural Association of Kenya.
• Show administrative ability, wide knowledge and Experience in preparation of Bills of Quantities and drawings
• Have proficiency in computer applications for preparation of Bills of Quantities and drawings (EXCEL,
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
NOTE: APPLICANTS FOR THE ABOVE POSITIONS ARE REQUIRED TO GET (VALID i.e. YEAR 2018) CLEARANCE FROM THE UNDERLISTED ORGANIZATIONS TO MEET REQUIREMENTS OF CHAPTER SIX OF THE CONSTITUTION OF KENYA 2010.
i) Kenya Revenue Authority.
ii) Higher Education Loans Board.
iii) Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
iv) Criminal Investigation Department.
v) Credit Reference Bureau.
– Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the applications.
Women and People living with disability are encouraged to apply and should clearly indicate the type of disability.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications should be accompanied by a copy of National ID Card, a detailed CV and copies of all relevant certificates and testimonials, to reach on or before 25th June, 2018 at 5.00p.m. and addressed to:-
Kisii County Public Service Board,
Mwalimu Hotel Building,
P.O Box 1848 – 40200 –Kisii, Kenya.
Hand delivered applications should be handed over at the County Public Service Board’s offices situated at
Gusii Mwalimu Hotel, 1st Floor.
KISII COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER