County Government Of Kisii
The Kisii County Government wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Section 63 of the County
Government Act, 2012.
1. SECRETARY, COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD (1 POST) TERMS: SIX (6) YEARS
The Secretary, County Public Service Board will be responsible to the Board for the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Day to day administration of the functions of the Board;
• Implementation of the decisions of the Board;
• The formation and development of an efficient administration;
• Organization, control and management of staff;
• Ensuring staff compliance with public service values, principles and ethics;
• Maintenance of accurate records on financial matters and resource use;
• The accounting officer of the Board;
• Head of the secretariat;
• Ensuring the drawing up and approval of the required budget; and
• Performing any other duties as may from time to time be assigned by the Board and any other written law
Requirements and Competencies
• Be a Kenyan citizen.
• Be in possession of a first degree from a University recognized in Kenya.
• A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
• Have a working experience of not less than five years.
• Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on leadership and integrity.
• Be a professional who demonstrates absence of breach of the relevant professional code of conduct.
• Not hold a Public or State Office.
• Be a Certified Public Secretary of good professional standing.
• Be visionary and strategic thinker.
• Have capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
• Be a team player.
• Women and physically challenged persons are encouraged to apply.
Salary: As per Salaries and Remuneration Commission of Kenya’s guidelines.
NOTE: APPLICANTS FOR THE ABOVE POSITIONS ARE REQUIRED TO GET (VALID i.e. YEAR 2018) CLEARANCE FROM THE UNDERLISTED ORGANIZATIONS TO MEET REQUIREMENTS OF CHAPTER SIX OF THE CONSTITUTION OF KENYA 2010.
i) Kenya Revenue Authority.
ii) Higher Education Loans Board.
iii) Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
iv) Criminal Investigation Department.
v) Credit Reference Bureau.
– Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the applications.
Women and People living with disability are encouraged to apply and should clearly indicate the type of disability.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications should be accompanied by a copy of National ID Card, a detailed CV and copies of all relevant certificates and testimonials, to reach on or before 25th June, 2018 at 5.00p.m. and addressed to:-
Kisii County Public Service Board,
Mwalimu Hotel Building,
P.O Box 1848 – 40200 –Kisii, Kenya.
Hand delivered applications should be handed over at the County Public Service Board’s offices situated at
Gusii Mwalimu Hotel, 1st Floor.
KISII COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.