Reports to : Country Director
Terms: Two years renewable
The Finance Manager will work under the leadership of the Country Director. S/he is responsible for financial analysis, planning, and oversight to support effective financial management and implementation of Heshima Kenya, Kenya Country operational budget and aligned strategies and policies. He or she will oversee all aspects of financial management, including financial controls and systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting. The individual will be responsible for the management of funds in such a manner as to maximize operational effectiveness and efficiency while minimizing risk, and ensures that an adequate control structures, policies, procedures and systems are in place over the organization funds. He or she will conduct financial analysis in areas such as forecasting, budgeting, engaging in cost reduction analysis, and reviewing operational performance. The Finance Manager will oversee and work as the internal auditor for Heshima Kenya, while providing guidance to staff, and will provide leadership in financial reporting, annual budget planning, external audit preparations and assessment processes. S/he reports directly to the Country Director and is a member of Heshima Kenya Core Senior Management Team.
Form close working relationship with the Country Director, other senior staff and Kenya Board of Directors
Play a role of financial advisor to the Country Director and senior managers as well as the Board of Directors on sound financial management and accounting strategies to optimize Heshima Kenya financial performance and strategic position
Overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of the Heshima Kenya financial strategy at the same time the job holder will be analyzing figures and implement recommendations based on the findings for the best outcomes
Manage and lead a team of Finance Officers and Senior Accountant to smoothly and timely undertaking of month end and year end procedures, annual budgeting and reporting, Maintain excellent communication and synergy between finance function and staff at all levels within the other functions and help them to plan, set targets, and to create and manage their own budgets
Maintain all financial systems identifying areas that require improvements and implementing necessary changes to support smooth programs implementation
Responsible for HK financial accounting function at the Kenya Country operation
Participate fully to the development of HK strategies across all functions of the organization business challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and business drivers
To ensure robust financial systems that are compliant and support current activities and future financial growth of Heshima Kenya
Provide leadership to the finance team through couching and mentorship cultivating high sense of integrity, responsibility, diligence, honesty and team work
Work closely with HK Head Office Director Finance and Operations and Grants Manager to register all existing grants and new ones, and also monitoring burn rates within Kenya operation and other requirements as stipulated in the various LOAs. Must keep the CD well updated on the same.
Work closely with HK Head Office Director Finance and Operations and Grants Manager to ensure quality and timely submission of all donor reports
Works closely with the CD and Director of programs in ensuring timely annual program planning and budgeting processes, review and approvals by the Kenya Board of Directors.
Presents monthly and annual accounts to the CD for review and approval and submits the same to HK Head Office and the Kenya Board of Directors appropriately.
Responsible for the HK ultimate cash management systems and policies and monitors individual program investment rates (budget burn rates) in conjunction with the Director of programs ultimately advising and supporting programs/project managers to effectively and efficiently provide timely services to HK Persons of Concern
In conjunction with the CD, develop Heshima Kenya Finance Manual and aligned best practices and operationalize the same
Ensures that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
Establish high level of credibility and manage strong working relationship with internal, external customers and partners
Supervise preparations of month end accounts and statutory returns
Ensure the completion of bank and balance sheet reconciliation
Manages the external audit process by liaising with the auditors to ensure all documents and other requirements for smooth audit processes are in place
Ensures both external and project audit recommendations are implemented in a timely manner
Oversee end of month and year financial reports and aligned statutory accounts
Preparation of Heshima Kenya monthly and quarterly cash forecast in consultation with director of programs and program managers with subsequent approval by the CD before submission to the HQ
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
· Minimum of Post-graduate degree in Business Administration, Bachelor degree in accounting or finance, and CPA- K qualifications is a must have,
· Duly registered and active member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification.
· Must have at least 5 years’ experience in financial management for large and complex projects in medium and large institutions (preferably in private institutions or INGOs) with strong experience in fund management and ability to monitor fraud and abuse of financial resources
· Highly committed to organizational vision, mission and values
· Demonstrates astute, is articulate and technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels
· Ability and flexibility to handle high levels of pressure to meet very strict deadlines and critical decision making
· High integrity, unquestionable character and openness coupled with commitment to good governance
· Energetic, highly motivated, with inquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success
· Excellent communicator with both internal and external colleagues at all levels
· Self- drive, efficient and motivated by results
· Ability to analyze and make recommendations alongside the capacity to drive through key business changes
· Strong business acumen and sharp understanding of financial matters
· Must have requisite computer-based finance management software skills and experience including Quick Books
· Proficiency in oral and written communication in English and Kiswahili language
· Up to date Certificate of Good Conduct
· Only Kenya citizens are eligible to apply
How to apply:
Your application should be send to the address below indicating the position applied in the email subject by close of business Thursday 16th July 2018. It should include a cover letter & a detailed CV (as one document in PDF format and given your sir name) with your contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, names and contacts of three referees, one of which should be your current supervisor.
Ps: Please note that Heshima Kenya does not charge any fees for receiving or processing job applications. Heshima Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
NB. All applications should only be sent through the email provided.
Heshima Kenya/ RefuSHE
P.O Box 63192 – 00619 Nairobi Kenya
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit heshimakenya.org.