Home Africa limited
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
Qualification Level: Bachelor
Experience Level: Mid level
Experience Length: 2 years
Under the supervision of the Safe House Associate Director, The Case Management & Child Protection Coordinator will be responsible for all aspects case management and child protection including design and enforcement of strategy, policy and implementation related activities. The position ensures the planned interventions are technically sound and encompassing the best international standards related to case management and child. The position coordinators and provides direct supervision to child protection and case management officers based in GEP, SH and field level. The position works closely with the Associate Director in drafting the annual program description and budget as well as close monitoring of the same during implementation to ensure compliance to organizational standards and the grants requirements. The Coordinator will also support in drafting of concept notes and project proposal.
· Provides leadership in planning, implementation, monitoring case management and, child protection activities and policy
· Coordinates and oversees initiation of Best Interest Processes for individual cases through BIAs, BIDs, making arrangement for alternative care, family tracing/reunification, coordinating home visits as well as reviewing and recommending case management services/ support
· Supervise and provide technical support to the case management team in the implementation of child protection and case management activities including organizing monthly case committees and conferences
· Coordinate the expansion of case management and child protection programming in close collaboration with the Associate Director, DoP and the other team members
· Receives and coordinates referrals, arranging action and reviewing services for the persons of concern in line with the organization safe shelter and girls empowerment policies and criteria
· Oversees maintenance of accurate, confidential and up to date documentation on all cases in the organization programs safeguarding their protection.
· Works directly with children and their families as may be required to develop, promote, strengthen and implement the individual child/family development plans that promote child welfare and protection from harm alleviating suffering
· Supports the care of children where their living arrangements are at risk of breakdown including conducting BIDs for separation and alternative care placement/arrangement
· Keeps abreast of developments in the field of case management and child protection by liaising with UNHCR, Children department and attending child protection network meeting/events
· Ensures effective communication and networking is developed and maintained through partnership and collaboration with partner organization
· Participates in production and publication of child protection and case management information communication materials as well as updating the program team on the current trends in CP and case management
· Reports any child protection concerns related staff, partners or consultants to the Associate Director as well as recommending appropriate action on the matter