I & M Bank
I &M Bank Limited (a regional Bank with a fast growing branch network around the country) is looking to set up a Digital factory to drive its digital strategy. The Digital factory will work under a special function hived off from the day to day operations and will collaborate with different functions of the Bank to deliver solutions that are customer centric in design and that will radically simplify business requirements and scale fast to full utilization using a clean sheet approach to deliver the desired value.
The Bank is looking to recruit a competent and highly motivated individual for the following position:
REF: EL/5/2018 –ENGINEERING LEAD
The role holder will be responsible for building, fostering and maintaining leading edge engineering practices
THE KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES FOR THE ROLE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
The role will report to the Digital Factory Manager and will be responsible for:
• Promoting and maintaining engineering best practices such as test driven development and continuous integration and delivery
• Working with technical leads on architecture and technology
• Coaching technical leads and providing ad-hoc problem solving support, including hands-on pairing when needed
• Collaborating with and supporting technical leads to ensure high quality code across the teams
• Facilitating and delivering training and knowledge sharing sessions for engineers
• Working together with technical leads and supporting the engineers for all people related matters
• Communicating with internal stakeholders regarding all engineering related principles and practices
• Building organization’s brand in the technology community
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
• 8+ years of software development experience (including architecture)
• 2-3 years leadership and coaching experience
• Experience in enterprise integration
• Expert understanding of various software languages and frameworks
• Extensive knowledge of Agile software development practices (such as TDD, CI and CD)
• Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management
• Independent, trustworthy and charismatic with absolute integrity.
• Good measure of creativity, social competence and ability to work in a team
• Entrepreneurial and proactive management skills and a “can do attitude”
• High energy levels, stress resistance and cultural openness will be therefore highly valued
• Strong communication skills in dealing with leadership, key clients, business partners and teams
• Relevant business / computer science degree or relevant experience
If you believe you meet the above requirements, please send your application together with comprehensive curriculum vitae indicating your qualifications, present position, salary expectations and names and contacts of three referees. Your application should reach the address below as soon as possible but not later than 15th June 2018. Please quote reference number followed by the position applied for in the application.
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.