I & M Bank
I &M Bank Limited (a regional Bank with a fast growing branch network around the country) is looking to set up a Digital factory to drive its digital strategy. The Digital factory will work under a special function hived off from the day to day operations and will collaborate with different functions of the Bank to deliver solutions that are customer centric in design and that will radically simplify business requirements and scale fast to full utilization using a clean sheet approach to deliver the desired value.
The Bank is looking to recruit a competent and highly motivated individual for the following position:
REF: POC/5/2018 –PRODUCT OWNER COACH
The position entails partnering with the Digital Manager and Leadership Team to develop and prioritize business initiatives, effective product strategies, visions and execution plans.
THE KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES FOR THE ROLE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
The role will report to the Digital Factory Manager and will be responsible for:
• Partnering with digital factory leadership to shape and prioritize business initiatives for competitive advantage in digital.
• Playing an important role in representing the business needs and aligning with the product owners and cross-functional product teams for delivering digital solutions that solve business problems and ensuring relevance with business initiatives.
• Co-creating product visions/proposals with the squad product owners and presenting to the leadership and wider organization – outlining how new business opportunities in digital are expected to promote business growth and profitability in line with organization’s strategic goals.
• Communicating with internal squad teams to resolve product dependencies across squads during implementation.
• Empowering squad product owners in taking key day-to-day decisions autonomously without constraints.
• Nurturing top talent and networks- identifying and building relationships with candidates for key open positions and future positions
• Co-creating a product launch plan with squad product owners and working with the marketing team to launch product to market, track usage and adoption.
• Displaying a dynamic leadership style, working with leads throughout the organization and leading product teams focused on innovation, entrepreneurial spirit, growth and success
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Deep experience (6-8 years+) in developing solutions, preferably in banking.
• Experience in operating within a multi-channel/multi-region brand.
• Entrepreneurial self-starter who is self-motivated, but also a team player with a professional presence.
• Demonstrates thought leadership and is able to influence at all levels in the organization.
• Knowledge of Agile software development processes.
• Knowledge of Agile software development practices.
• Deep knowledge of banking industry, trends in digital and opportunities that can bring maximum business value
• Independent, trustworthy and charismatic with absolute integrity.
• Good measure of creativity, social competence and ability to work in a team
• Entrepreneurial and proactive management skills and a “can do attitude”
• High energy levels, stress resistance and cultural openness will be therefore highly valued
• Strong communication skills in dealing with leadership, key clients, business partners and teams
• Relevant business / computer science degree or relevant experience
• Certified Scrum product owner is a plus
If you believe you meet the above requirements, please send your application together with comprehensive curriculum vitae indicating your qualifications, present position, salary expectations and names and contacts of three referees. Your application should reach the address below as soon as possible but not later than 15th June 2018. Please quote reference number followed by the position applied for in the application.
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.