Manager, Internal Audit and Risk
Assisting the Manager, Internal Audit and Risk in fulfilling their governance responsibilities, including ensuring the efficiency, effectiveness of ICTA’s internal control systems and governance processes.
1. Contribute to the preparation of work plans (including risk assessment) and audit programs for internal and external audit exercises
2. Prepare detailed audit plans for audit assignments.
3. Conducting routine and special audits on the Authority’s operations in line with approved policies and procedures.
4. Review and check audit papers to ensure adequate audit coverage
5. Preparing timely and accurate audit reports and follow up on implementation of recommendations.
6. Obtain relevant information required for audits directly or indirectly through examination of records or interviews with staff
7. Conduct periodic financial, operational and compliance audits of the different functional units in ICTA
8. Assist in the review and evaluation of the system of management controls and assess their adequacy and effectiveness and, where appropriate, make potential recommendations for improvements
9. Assess the reliability and effective use of internal controls and assist in reviewing
10. Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Key Performance Measures
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
1. Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Accounting or related field
2. CPA (K)/ACCA finalist
3. Member of a professional body e.g. Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya
4. Five years’ experience in a similar role in a comparable organization
Personal skills and attributes required
1. A strategic mind-set
2. Managerial skills
3. People management skills
4. Problem solving skills
5. Effective communication skills
ICT Authority is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disability and women are highly encouraged to apply.
The following documents will be required during application
Copy of Academic Certificates
Copy of Professional Certificates
Copy of Curriculum Vitae
Copy of National ID
Application is strictly online on http://recruitment.icta.go.ke