IFC is seeking Senior/Investment Officers to identify new investment opportunities, execute transactions and actively manage portfolio projects in any of the following industry areas: Financial Institutions; Infrastructure and Natural Resources; and Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services. Positions may be located in Washington, DC or one of IFC’s regional offices (such as Hong Kong, Singapore, Delhi, Dubai, Istanbul, Johannesburg, Dakar, Nairobi, Sao Paulo, or Mexico City). Appointment will be International or local hire depending upon the grade and location.
Duties and Accountabilities:
Business Development: Source and assess opportunities, identify bankable projects in target regions, particularly less developed countries, and grow and develop new business transactions. Develop and guide teams in the preparation of pitchbooks and client proposals in support of new business.
Structuring and Negotiation: Structure complex investments (comprising both debt and equity) according to understanding and assessment of client and country risks. Negotiate terms with clients, internal and external stakeholders, and partners, including senior management of IFC and clients (CEO, CFO). Prepare client/partner presentations and support their decision making at key transaction stages.
Deal Execution: Lead transaction team from initiation, due diligence, internal approvals, and processing of debt and equity investment, actively handling key work and directing and coordinating work of other team members from across multiple departments. Take full responsibility and accountability for transaction related decisions and relationships.
Transaction Management: Deliver all transactions and accountabilities of the role efficiently, on a timely and expeditious basis and using best practice standards. Ensure that defined transactional requirements recorded in documentation are executed accordingly. Monitor the portfolio and report development results internally and externally.
Knowledge Sharing: Take the lead in knowledge sharing within the industry or product community of practice. Initiate collaboration and share expertise as a subject matter expert, providing advice, peer review and contribution to knowledge products across WBG to strengthen internal and/or external client solutions.
• Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA), Finance or relevant fields; CFA a plus.
• A minimum of 8 years of substantial professional experience in positions of increasing complexity and responsibility that includes significant experience in finance, investment banking, mergers and acquisitions, structured finance, corporate finance, or private equity, with a proven track record of sourcing, structuring and closing investments.
• Strong analytical skills to review and analyze complex financial information. Knowledge and experience in global financial markets including expertise in emerging markets.
• Advanced financial, credit and risk evaluation skills, with demonstrated ability to structure and negotiate a variety of complex financial instruments (debt and equity).
• Experience in identifying, originating and qualifying new business opportunities developing and executing results-driven client engagements.
• Demonstrated strong written, presentation, and communications skills in English and ability to synthesize and present information effectively and tailored to different audiences.
• Excellent business judgment and problem solving skills to identify issues, present creative, practical solutions, and make and commit to sound decisions, anticipating short and long term implications.
• High degree of diplomacy and sensitivity in dealing with internal and external clients, staff and managers at all levels. Discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information
• Genuine commitment to sustainable development.
• Willingness to travel extensively and geographic flexibility.
The World Bank Group values diversity and encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of World Bank Group member countries to apply, regardless of gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability. Sub-Saharan African nationals, Caribbean nationals, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.