International Rescue Committee
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
Experience Level: Mid level
Experience Length: 3 years
Requisition ID: req1813
Job Title: HR System Associate (French Speaking)
Sector: Information Technology
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Kenya-Nairobi (IHUB)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The primary focus of this position is:
· Support and maintenance of the Human Resource Management System (Workday) in addition to other systems supported by the HRIS team.
· Handle the Human Resources Information System (Workday) Tier 1 tickets such as creating reports, system account activation, updating basic configuration data, data clean-up efforts of the HR Systems team. This role will require the need to quickly acquire a working knowledge of HR concepts to support HR transactions within Workday.
· Support the other HR System Analysts in Kenya and New York with testing, analysis, and another task to support HRIS initiatives.
This position requires solid organizational and analytical skills, with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail. Strong proficiency in at least one HRIS system and MS Office, especially Excel, is advantageous.
The position will work under the direction and supervision of the HR Systems team Lead based in Nairobi.
· Activation of users account in the various HR systems
· Update basic configuration data, job titles, locations, cost center, etc
· Create or run canned reports
· Working with the HR Systems Lead regarding data entry and cleanup plan for Country HR leads to use
· Accurately perform system support tasks in Workday or other HR systems as directed by the immediate supervisor or HR System Analyst. Such testing is existing or new functionality, data analysis or research.
· Flexibility in daily schedule and ability to understand and react quickly to changing priorities
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to HR System Lead
The position directly supervises: n/a
Indirect Reporting: Dir, HR Systems
Other Internal and/or external contacts: describe the nature of departments or groups the position influences or requires support from to accomplish objectives.
Internal: Human Resource, Payroll, Finance, & IT
External: Workday & 3rd party vendors
Education: Bachelors Degree
Work Experience: Human Resources background with some experience with HR systems
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Strong proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access); Excel ability to create macros, pivot tables, vlookups, analytical capabilities and workbooks required
· Strong organizational skills are required, with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail
· Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
· Excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities as well as strong data analysis acumen are considered a plus
· Demonstrated ability to work professionally and discreetly with confidential information
· Experience of working in a globally distributed environment a plus
· Experience in working with a helpdesk ticketing system a plus
Language Skills: Must be fluent in written and spoken French
Certificates or Licenses: n/a
Working Environment: Standard office work environment
Application Deadline 10th July, 2018
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes. In the event that you receive any request for payment of any sort, please get in touch with us on Tel: +(254-020) 2727730, Email:[email protected] or report to the nearest police.