Salary band: 4
Goods and Logistics Officer Professional 4A Reports to:
Head of Procurements and Contracts, GIZ Office Nairobi Region:
GIZ has been working in Kenya on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) since 1975. We currently employ 60 seconded experts, including 20 development advisors, as well as 200 national personnel there. In addition, 15 CIM experts are employed in Kenyan research institutions. In addition our project activities in Kenya, we are also involved in 20 development partnerships with the Kenyan and German private sectors.
Our priority areas are water and sanitation, health and food security and drought resilience. Other focal areas are: Good governance, energy, special initiative on refugees and co-operation with the private sector. Various regional programmes are also being implemented in the areas of environment and climate change and strengthening peace and security.
GIZ supports capacity development for individuals, organisations and institutions, to enable the people to improve their lives through their own efforts. We have developed guidelines for pro poor development and carry out our projects in close cooperation with civil society on the basis of intergovernmental negotiations.
The goods and logistics officer is responsible for:
• Purchasing materials and equipment for the GIZ Office and GIZ assisted project/programmes in accordance with GIZ rules conditions.
• Ensuring the buildings and grounds are maintained, which entails daily and weekly cleaning schedules as well as determining and scheduling repair renovation projects.
• Ensuring that the expatriates seconded into the country settle in.
In this context, the Goods and Logistics Officer fulfils the following tasks:
• Procures materials and equipment using ProSoft in accordance with GIZ regulations.
• Enters and maintains data relevant for procurement and tenders in ProSoft
• Ensures close-out of obligos in ProSoft.
• Enters purchase requisitions and confirmation of receipt of goods through ‘Beschaffung Online and SRM” for procurement through Head Office.
• Ensures framework contracts for goods are in place
• Management of DMS in E file.
• Assists short-term experts with logistical problems (e.g. transport services) during their assignments
• Responsible for stock management
• Vehicle management
• Prepares and submits all necessary papers for duty-free imports of goods.
• Enters information in the customs declaration database, prepares statistics if needed and makes follow-up.
• Processing VAT/Duty Exemption forms (domestic and customs) for GIZ import/export
• Advising expatriate staff on import/export
• Controls agents providing services to GIZ in relation to customs clearance and vehicle registration.
• Maintains and updates the filing for all issues according to GIZ regulations.
Other duties/additional tasks
• Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
• University degree in Business administration or procurement or similar area
• At least 3-5 years of professional working experience in a similar position
• Previous experience of working in GIZ within the specified area is required.
• Willingness to relocate to another region within the Country e.g. Mogadishu.
Other knowledge, additional competences
• Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
• Good interpersonal communication skills
• Good command of English
• Understanding of German language is an added advantage
• Excellent management, administrative and organisational skills
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
D. Duration of Contract
Immediately – December 2018 with possibility of extension
Vacancy Reference Number: JA/GLO/121/2018
Applications should include a motivation letter and a CV. Applications have to be submitted by e-mail via Apply Now Button By: 26TH April 2018- 16:00 hrs
If you do not receive any correspondence within 30 days after the closing date, consider your application as having been unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.