The maintenance planner is the central executor of the Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM) program. A key pillar of the success of the maintenance department is its PPM program. He/she directly plans, schedules, coordinates, and measures the program. This includes planning and allocation of resources for PPM.
The maintenance planner will also coordinate the entire supply chain of spares and materials required for the preventive and reactive maintenance programs by working closely with procurement, stores and finance departments.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Execute the planned preventive maintenance (PPM) program for all maintenance skillsets at all group locations by doing the following.
Create, plan, execute, monitor completion and report on the effectiveness of the annual PPM program.
Allocate resources for the required activities, including maintenance staff and contractors, as well as spares, tools and materials.
Keep stakeholders informed of planned maintenance activities.
• Generate meaningful reports and graphs that are relevant to the key performance criteria for the department, that supports continuous improvement efforts and root cause analysis, including:
Rate of completion of PPM program.
Cost of maintenance activities including spares and accessories.
Staff utilisation through data from job cards and time-sheets.
• Monitor the supply-chain of maintenance-related spares, accessories and services, in order prevent delays and inefficiencies in their timely delivery by:
Monitor stock levels of required spares as maintained by stores personnel in Maintenance Stores, in order to ensures availability of spares and consumables for PPM and reactive work.
Tracking the progress of all orders for maintenance spares, accessories and services from local and overseas suppliers from requisition.
Tracking relationships between Java and approved maintenance-related suppliers and contractors including purchase requests, orders, contracts, and payments to ensure timeliness of invoice settlement, accuracy of payments, and thus sustain positive working relationships.
• Works in partnership with regional maintenance managers to optimize the resource planning function, by collectively reviewing performance against agreed standards, and takes a dynamic approach to planning that ensures continuous and realistic planning and manpower levels. This role therefore offers the RMM key data that enables effective budget planning.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
• KCSE mean grade C+
• At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
• At least 1 years’ experience in a supervisory role.
• Good computer skills in MS Office and ERP systems. These are required for data analysis and report generation.
• Good language skills English (written) and Kiswahili (spoken).
• Good inter-personal skills.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise among different tasks for effective output.
• Ability to work in high pressure situations
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.