The Kenya Trade Network Agency (KenTrade) is a State Corporation under the National Treasury whose mandate is to implement, operationalize and manage the Kenya National Electronic Single Window System (Kenya TradeNet System) as well as Trade Facilitation.
To fulfil our mandate, we wish to engage suitably qualified candidates who meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Kenya Constitution for the following positions;
1. INTERNAL AUDITOR – Grade KTNA 7 (1 Post)
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Reports to: Manager, Internal Audit
Purpose for the Job
To assist in performing the internal audit functions
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist the Manager, Internal Audit in the preparation of the Annual Internal Audit Plan for the Agency. This will include participation in preliminary review of all areas of the organization to establish a risk based work plan of action at the beginning of each financial year;
2. Implement the approved work plan, directly undertaking activities which include audit and compliance reviews;
3. Assist in preparation of documentation for the Audit and Risk Committee of the Board;
4. Conduct research and recommend to the Manager the compliance and risk aspects of various activities in KenTrade;
5. Conduct audit field work including financial audits, systems audits and information systems audits as required within the Agency;
6. Prepare reports on audit findings for review by the Manager/Supervisor;
7. Ensure departmental compliance to Internal Audit Policies.
8. Assist and represent the Manager Internal Audit in various forums and engagements as directed and/or required;
9. Undertaking such other duties as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the level of responsibility of this job role.
Minimum Academic, Professional Qualifications & requirements
i. A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Systems or any other relevant degree or its equivalent from a recognized Institution;
ii. Be a Certified Public Accountant of Kenya CPA(K)
iii. Certification(s) and experience in information systems audit will be an added advantage
iv. Certificate in computer applications
v. Meets the provision of Chapter Six of the Constitution
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified and Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications, Curriculum Vitae that contains details of qualifications, experience, copies of certificates & relevant testimonials, email and telephone contacts including names, telephone and email contacts of three (3) referees who must be familiar with the candidates’ previous work experience.
Interested Candidates must obtain and submit with their application copies of the following documents;
i. Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations (CID)
ii. Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
iii. Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
iv. Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
v. Clearance from a Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should be addressed as detailed below and be sent by post, hand delivery or email so as to be received not later than June 26, 2018.
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Trade Network Agency
1st Floor, Embankment Plaza
Longonot Rd – Upperhill
P.O. Box 36943-00200
KenTrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer – women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification and only