The Kenya Trade Network Agency (KenTrade) is a State Corporation under the National Treasury whose mandate is to implement, operationalize and manage the Kenya National Electronic Single Window System (Kenya TradeNet System) as well as Trade Facilitation.
To fulfil our mandate, we wish to engage suitably qualified candidates who meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Kenya Constitution for the following positions;
3. PRODUCT AND APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT OFFICER – Grade KTNA 7 (one post)
Job Title: Product and application development officer
Reports to: Manager, Innovations and solutions development
Purpose for the Job
To Analyze the needs, undertake the design, development and testing of new or existing programs and applications.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Compiling and writing documentation for program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so that others can understand the program.
2. Testing of all developed applications.
3. Writing, updating and maintaining computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs, such as storing and retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
4. Maintenance of applications, repair or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
5. Writing, analyzing, reviewing and rewriting programs, using workflow charts and diagrams, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter and symbolic logic.
6. Writing or contributing to instructions or manuals to guide end users.
7. Providing program support for computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs.
8. Training end users.
9. Undertaking such other duties as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the level of responsibility of this job role.
Minimum Qualifications & requirements
i. Bachelor’s Degree in Software programming, Computer Science, Information
Technology, Business IT or related form a recognized institution
ii. Certificate in Computer Application
iii. Meets provision of chapter six of the Constitution
iv. 3 years minimum work experience in software development
v. Proficiency in Java or equivalent object oriented language (C#, C++, PHP, Python)
vi. Familiarity with automated testing frameworks
vii. Passionate about writing quality code in a team environment following best practice design patterns.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified and Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications, Curriculum Vitae that contains details of qualifications, experience, copies of certificates & relevant testimonials, email and telephone contacts including names, telephone and email contacts of three (3) referees who must be familiar with the candidates’ previous work experience.
Interested Candidates must obtain and submit with their application copies of the following documents;
i. Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations (CID)
ii. Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
iii. Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
iv. Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
v. Clearance from a Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should be addressed as detailed below and be sent by post, hand delivery or email so as to be received not later than June 26, 2018.
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Trade Network Agency
1st Floor, Embankment Plaza
Longonot Rd – Upperhill
P.O. Box 36943-00200
KenTrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer – women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.