The Kenya Trade Network Agency (KenTrade) is a State Corporation under the National Treasury whose mandate is to implement, operationalize and manage the Kenya National Electronic Single Window System (Kenya TradeNet System) as well as Trade Facilitation.
To fulfil our mandate, we wish to engage suitably qualified candidates who meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Kenya Constitution for the following positions;
2. WEBMASTER – Grade KTNA 7 (1 Post)
Job Title: Webmaster
Reports to: Manager, Innovations and Solutions Development
Purpose for the Job
Ensure that the servers hosting site content are running at expected uptime and performance, designing the website, generating and revising web pages, testing, replying to user comments, examining traffic through the site and ensuring KenTrade’s web presence on social media.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Maintain KenTrade’s web presence by posting new content in a timely manner and archiving outdated content and the intranet;
2. Make periodic improvements to KenTrade’s website and the intranet as required by the Agency;
3. Work closely with KenTrade’s head of Communications to determine and upload suitable content for KenTrade’s website;
4. Track site usage statistics including monitoring and analyzing performance;
5. Develop and maintain new online resources, frequently asked questions and database;
6. Test the website across browsers, operating systems, devices and take appropriate remedial action for deviations noticed;
7. Ensure consistent look and feel across the website by promoting uniform font, formatting, icons, images and layout, and creating appropriate templates to assist content authors;
8. Identify, diagnose and fix website problems including broken links, typographical errors and formatting inconsistencies;
9. Optimize loading speeds and capacity of the website and intranet;
10. Propose and oversee the implementation of security measures to safeguard KenTrade’s website;
11. Designing and building appropriate intranet applications;
12. Address user complaints on the website and intranet;
13. Undertaking such other duties as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the level of responsibility of this job role.
Minimum Academic, Professional Qualifications & requirements
i. Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic design, Information Technology, Computer
Science, Business IT or related from a recognized Institution
ii. Certificate in Computer Applications
iii. Certification in web programming and design
iv. Knowledge in search engine optimization and Internet Marketing
v. Meets provision of chapter six of the Constitution
vi. 3 years minimum proven work experience as a web master or web developer
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified and Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications, Curriculum Vitae that contains details of qualifications, experience, copies of certificates & relevant testimonials, email and telephone contacts including names, telephone and email contacts of three (3) referees who must be familiar with the candidates’ previous work experience.
Interested Candidates must obtain and submit with their application copies of the following documents;
i. Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations (CID)
ii. Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
iii. Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
iv. Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
v. Clearance from a Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should be addressed as detailed below and be sent by post, hand delivery or email so as to be received not later than June 26, 2018.
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Trade Network Agency
1st Floor, Embankment Plaza
Longonot Rd – Upperhill
P.O. Box 36943-00200
KenTrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer – women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.