Prepare and submit returns, process payments and update financial accounting records in compliance with management and regulatory requirements.
· Prepare daily sales returns and ensure they are balanced and follow up any delayed sales reports or discrepancies with sales office
· Update financial records, bank accounts, debtors ledgers, creditors ledgers for accuracy and completeness
· Reconcile daily cash sales to sales reports and follow up any discrepancies with sales offices to ensure all cash is accounted for.
· Raise cash receipts and bank daily sales to prevent loss and in compliance with Treasury policy.
· Verify supplier invoices(including petty cash claims) against supporting documents to ensure they are accurate and authentic
· Reconcile supplier statements balances to creditor’s ledger balances and follow up any differences with suppliers to avoid overpayments and delays in payments.
· In liaison with the sales offices, receive and process ticket refund requests and prepare payments vouchers to refund customers amounts due to them for unutilised tickets.
· Dispatch invoices to credit customers promptly for early collections while ensuring accuracy to avoid disputes
· Reconcile customer balances to outstanding invoices, send out periodic statements to customers and follow up payments from credit customers to ensure debts are promptly paid.
· Resolve credit and refund customer disputes to ensure prompt collection of debts and customer satisfaction
· Bcom Accounting or related business degree from a recognised University
· CPA (K) or its equivalent
· 2 years relevant accounting experience
· Proficiency in MS Office applications.
· Good review techniques
If you believe that you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this position, then please submit your application letter, attach your CV, certificates and letters of referee NOT LATER THAN 15TH July 2018 by using this url/website.