· In conjunction with the Director Flight Operations, Group Director HR and the Head of Training, Education and Development, develop, implement and monitor the training schedules and programmes in close consultation with the Chief Fleet Instructor, Fleet Managers and Flight Operations managers to ensure that training needs are adequately budgeted for, planned, monitored, delivered and evaluated.
· Analyse and prioritize Flight Operations training programmes based on the functional needs to ensure they are aligned to the identified need.
· Implement Flight Operations Training programme to enhance staff performance and ensure compliance with KCAA requirements.
· Supervise the activities of the trainers and examiners to ensure their optimal utilization and output.
· Monitor and evaluate Flight Operations Training Programmes using questionnaires, discussions with respective controlling officers and LOSA.
· In liaison with Director Flight Operations, Group Director HR and Head of Training, Education and Development, monitor and control functional and Flight Operations training budget for efficient and effective cost management.
· In consultation with Director Flight Operations, Group Director HR and Head of Training, Education and Development, evaluate the sourcing of external facilities and trainers as and when required to ensure adherence to quality standards and ROI.
· In consultation with Chief Fleet Instructors and Training Captains, design and maintain standards for certification in various Flight Operations disciplines to certify competency levels and regulatory requirements.
· In conjunction with Director Flight Operations, Group Director HR and Head of Training Education and Development evaluate the impact of Flight Operations training programmes annually and measure the success of the training programmes, the change in behaviours and improvement in staff performance and avail statistics for planning and budgeting for training.
· Plan, review and update annual training calendars in close collaboration with the user so as to incorporate programmes within the work schedules.
· Conduct training as listed in the Training Manual and any other training as and when necessary for users to help address specific work issues.
· Develop capacity of trainers to enhance their performance and Career development and to keep up with changing technology.
· In consultation with Director Flight Operations, Group Director HR, and Head of Training, Education and Development, source and maintain resource materials for reference and training, including the Training Manual and ensure they are duly updated.
· Ensure business needs and legal statutory minimum requirements are met.
· Ensure training needs are efficiently and effectively delivered.
· Ensure training meets quality management requirements for Flight Operations.
· Implement routine monitoring for safety, security and quality control activities to ensure ongoing conformity with all regulatory requirements, organization standards and local procedures.
· Ensure corrective and preventative actions identified by quality& safety audits; investigations or other internal reporting mechanisms are undertaken within the agreed time frame.
· Liaise with regulatory authorities, original equipment manufacturers and other operationally relevant external entities.
· Ensure and maintain a healthy, safe and secure working environment in compliance with the relevant industry, regulatory and legislative requirements, company procedures, regulatory authorities and requirements of customer airlines.
In carrying out the above roles the Head of Flight Operations Training shall put emphasis on the following tasks:
· General administration and efficient running and handling of ground courses, simulator and base training to the required standard on all company fleets.
· Planning, devising and implementing detailed syllabi for the required courses, whether full-time, part-time or refreshers in accordance with the general requirement laid down by the Chief Pilot.
· Ensuring availability of training aids, courses, notes etc.
· Evaluation of any new equipment for both technical and emergency training.
· Implementing suitable training programmes for third party operators.
· Maintaining good morale and high standard of discipline and conduct among the ground instructors at all times.
· Provision and amendment of the Flight Operations Training Manual.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
The preferred candidate;
· Has or must have held an airline transport pilot license; and
· Three years’ experience as Pilot In Command in Commercial Air Transport operations of Kenya Airways operated aircraft.
· Has excellent communication, interpersonal & presentation skills.
· Has strong organizational, planning and Analytical Skills.
· Has proficiency in the use of IT.
· Has taken a Training of Trainers course.
· Has a University Degree in Social Sciences or is a Senior Instructor Captain with three years’ relevant training experience.
If you believe that you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this position, then please submit your application letter, attach your CV, certificates and letters of referee NOT LATER THAN 10TH June 2018 by using this url/website