To maintain and administrator IS infrastructure, which includes Data centres,servers, storage, systems software and data centre facilities (UPS, AC and firesuppression), in order to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of Kenya Airways business systems.
The role has the responsibility to perform systems control, monitoring, evaluation, analysis and recommend areas of support improvements including recommendation of tools, minor systems infrastructure modifications and upgrades in order to improve efficiency, productivity and create value add to the IT services.
The role has the responsibility for consultation to IS development section, Systems Administrators and the business to provide technical support to all IS Business application projects to deliver projects on time and within budget.
· Provide service that meets the SLA agreements by resolving calls within 2 hours resolution time
· Ensure the % of systems infrastructure availability is well above the SLA levels.
· Install, configure as well as maintain storage and backup hardware inclusive of physical plus virtual tape libraries or drives along with disk storage targets.
· Perform activities related to install, configure and managing SAN and NAS devices and fibre switches.
· Administer Brocade and MDS FC switches as well as blade chassis FC devices.
· Execute FC zoning for Test, development and production storage volumes.
· Manage NetApp and EMC snapshot as well as recovery methods for storage volumes.
· Execute across-site replication of critical production data.
· Supervise volume replication overnight jobs and execute improvements.
· Oversee IO performance of production along with development of databases LUNs.
· Provide architecture as well as performance recommendations to DBAs and System Administrators
· Conduct bottleneck evaluation to identify performance issues.
· Ensure backup methods are in place as well as tested for FC LUNs.
· Develop and maintain records for entire storage, servers, Server enclosures, Data center facilities as well as FC systems
· Collaborate with DBA as well as System administrators to assure optimized storage usage.
· Maintain data centre facilities including clean power systems, cooling systems, Fire suppression systems and environment monitoring systems.
· Maintain DR infrastructure including storage, backup and servers.
· Ensure process adherence, quality and improvement of operations in the data center environment.
· Partner with existing support resources to ensure effective and efficient operations
· Reviews and standardizes all recovery plans, including process and procedural standards to address routine, backup, redundancy and recovery architectures.
· Manage backup infrastructure and improve the backup and recovery performance using latest applicable techniques.
· Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media or disk. Ensure tapes or media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
· Provide trend analysis reports to the IS management team in order to support in decision making
· Work closely with Problem Manager to identify trends and the impact to the business in order to identify root cause, and resolve problems within agreed SLA times
· Work with the Business systems implementation team to ensure optimal hardware sizing to application in order to guarantee service availability and eliminate waste.
· Install, Maintain and support systems software, including but not limited to Windows server software, Linux and Solaris
· Maintain infrastructure security by installing hardware firmware as needed in order to ensure entire systems are secure and resilient.
· Proactively manage and monitor capacity, performance, availability, integrity and security of the central storage and backup systems using appropriate reporting & monitoring tools.
· Embrace team work to provide cross-functional support as needed, consulting with technical experts or vendor as necessary to solve difficult problems
· Manage and coordinate Servers and IS infrastructure upgrades, modifications, and customizations with outside vendors, end-users, and IT resources
· University Graduate in IT or Diploma with 3 years in IS infrastructure management
· Certification in Unix/Solaris/Linux administration and/or MCITP
· Training in Data Center management
· Certification or Training in NAS and SAN
· Good understanding & problem solving techniques in Sun Solaris/ Linux o/s and Microsoft
· Windows(2003/2008), Active Directory 2008 & Exchange 2007/2010
· Experience in ITIL or MOF Service Delivery
· Framework (ITIL Certification is an added advantage).
· Good hardware and Networking skills
· Analytical Skills
· Communication skills
· Customer care skills
If you believe that you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this position, then please submit your application letter, attach your CV, certificates and letters of referee NOT LATER THAN 15TH July 2018 by using this url/website.