Kenya Forestry Research institute
The Institute wishes to recruit dynamic, result-oriented and self-driven professionals to fill the vacant positions above.
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
Experience Level: Senior level
Experience Length: 9 years
Kenya Forestry Research Institute (KEFRI) is a State Corporation established in 1986 whose mandate is to undertake research in forestry and allied natural resources, generate and promote improved technologies for sustainable development. The Institute is both EMS 14001: 2004 and QMS 9001:2008 certified.
4. SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER, JOB GRADE KEFRI 11
a) Duties and Responsibilities:
• Formulate administrative procedures and regulations to aid in the provision of administrative services.
• Budget and coordinate resources to ensure smooth operations in the division.
• Supervise transport services to ensure efficient movement of staff and supplies
• Supervise health and safety of staff, building & equipment to ensure a conducive work environment.
• Supervise ground maintenance and janitorial services to ensure a clean work environment
• Conduct performance appraisals to measure performance targets.
• Sign performance contracts with administration officers and head of sections to set annual performance indicators.
• Manage staff welfare matters pertaining to housing, health and safety to ensure their wellbeing.
• Provision of office accommodation to ensure that staff have comfortable work stations
• Oversee provision of secretarial services to facilitate smooth office operations.
• Oversee efficient and effective utilization of office resources to ensure prudent use of the same.
• Supervise security matters to ensure safe environment
• Supervise maintenance of office buildings, estate, motor vehicles and equipment to enhance occupational health and safety
• Oversee the conduct of drills and put in place safety equipment to enhance emergency preparedness
• Oversee the renewal of motor vehicle and property insurance to minimize losses to the Institute.
• Plan for trainings of the division staff in liaison with the human resource division to enhance capacity building
• Plan activities of hiring of casuals and overseeing the implementation in order to meet set performance targets
• Mail and telephone services for effective management of services within the Institute.
• Oversee construction of offices, laboratories, and farmer’s resource centres to aid in research implementation and dissemination of research information.
• Coordinate provision of water and maintenance of sewage systems for efficient utilization of resources.
b) Requirements for Appointment:
i. Minimum nine (9) years’ administration experience with at least three (3) years in the grade of three (3) years in the grade of Administrative Officer I or in a comparable position in a similar institution;
ii. Bachelor’s Degree in any of the Social Sciences from a recognized institution;
iii. Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya (CPSK) OR Higher Diploma in Management or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
iv. Certificate in computer applications skills from a recognized institution;
v. Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade C+ (plus) or its equivalent from a recognized Institution; and
vi. Have clearance certificates as contained in Chapter six of the Kenya Constitution 2010 from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Ethics and Ant-Corruption Commission (EACC), Police, Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), an approved Credit Reference Bureau and Commission on University Education (CUE) for degrees obtained outside Kenya.
How to apply:
Interested persons should send their applications and attach their Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates and national identification card. They should also include their day and evening telephone numbers, e-mail address and names and addresses of three referees to reach the undersigned not later than 5.00 PM on Monday, 11th June, 2018.
Envelopes containing the documents should clearly be marked with the position applied for and addressed to:-
Kenya Forestry Research Institute
P.O. BOX 20412-00200, City Square,
KEFRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to Diversity and Gender