Kenya Forestry Research institute
Kenya Forestry Research Institute (KEFRI) is a State Corporation established in 1986 whose mandate is to undertake research in forestry and allied natural resources, generate and promote improved technologies for sustainable development. The Institute is both EMS 14001: 2004 and QMS 9001:2008 certified.
7. BUILDING INSPECTOR II: KEFRI 7 – 1 POST (Re-Advertisement)
a) Duties and Responsibilities
• Reading and interpreting Architectural and Engineering drawings.
• Examine plans to ensure structures comply with building codes.
• Ensure efficient utilization of resources and budgetary control.
• Undertake general routine inspection and service of electrical, mechanical and buildings.
• Maintain, service and repair buildings; electrical installations, firefighting equipment, generators and general electrical items.
• Ensure that repairs and alterations are performed correctly.
• Ensuring that construction work in progress is in accordance with specifications and taking details of provisional items.
• Compile quarterly and annual reports on maintenance and services.
b) Requirements for Appointment
• A minimum of three (3) years relevant experience in the grade of Building Inspector III or in a comparable position;
• Have Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) of at least mean grade ‘C (Plain)’ or its equivalent;
• Have Diploma in Building, Construction and Civil Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
• Be accredited as a Construction Site Supervisor with the National Construction Authority (NCA); and
• Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution.
How to apply:
Interested persons should send their applications and attach their Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates and national identification card. They should also include their day and evening telephone numbers, e-mail address and names and addresses of three referees to reach the undersigned not later than 5.00 PM on Monday, 11th June, 2018.
Envelopes containing the documents should clearly be marked with the position applied for and addressed to:-
Kenya Forestry Research Institute
P.O. BOX 20412-00200, City Square,
KEFRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to Diversity and Gender Equality. Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of required documents will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.