Kenya Forestry Research institute
Kenya Forestry Research Institute (KEFRI) is a State Corporation established in 1986 whose mandate is to undertake research in forestry and allied natural resources, generate and promote improved technologies for sustainable development. The Institute is both EMS 14001: 2004 and QMS 9001:2008 certified.
6. LIBRARIAN: KEFRI 8- 1 POST
a) Duties and Responsibilities:
• Head library services in the Institute
• Supervise the library staff
• Custody, security and maintenance of library materials
• Issue and return of library materials
• Shelve books and periodicals
• Coordinate and guide satellite libraries in KEFRI eco-regions
• Organize, manage and undertake current awareness services
• Classify, catalogue, index and digitize information resources.
• Network with other libraries
• Provide reference services to all library users
b) Requirements for Appointment
i. Served satisfactorily for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Senior Library Assistant or comparable position;
ii. Bachelor’s Degree in Library Studies or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
iii. Member of a library association
iv. Worked in an automated library
v. Certificate in computer applications skills from a recognized institution.
How to apply:
Interested persons should send their applications and attach their Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates and national identification card. They should also include their day and evening telephone numbers, e-mail address and names and addresses of three referees to reach the undersigned not later than 5.00 PM on Monday, 11th June, 2018.
Envelopes containing the documents should clearly be marked with the position applied for and addressed to:-
Kenya Forestry Research Institute
P.O. BOX 20412-00200, City Square,
KEFRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to Diversity and Gender Equality. Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of required documents will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any canvassing will lea