Kenya Forestry Research institute
The Institute wishes to recruit dynamic, result-oriented and self-driven professionals to fill the vacant positions above.
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
Experience Level: Senior level
Experience Length: 9 years
Kenya Forestry Research Institute (KEFRI) is a State Corporation established in 1986 whose mandate is to undertake research in forestry and allied natural resources, generate and promote improved technologies for sustainable development. The Institute is both EMS 14001: 2004 and QMS 9001:2008 certified.
2. SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT OFFICER: KEFRI 11-1POST
a) Duties and Responsibilities:
• Deputize the Head of Human Resource division;
• Provide input in the preparation of draft budgets and work plans to ensure that expenditure of the division is aligned to the budget;
• Support the development and implementation of human resource policies and procedures to enhance workplace relations;
• Provide input in the preparation of monthly progress reports for the Division and ensure action against planned targets;
• Contribute in reviewing and implementing employees terms and conditions of service to ensure that they meet best practice;
• Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of strategic human resource management plans;
• Plan, monitor and evaluate the performance of staff against set targets and objectives in order to implement development action plans aimed at building the capacity of employees;
• Plan, organize and supervise work for subordinates activities carried out in the various units in the Division to ensure smooth flow of operations;
• Receive and analyse employee grievances and disciplinary cases, and assist employee in order to find satisfactory solutions to personal problems through counselling;
• Coordinate and plan the implementation of performance management system to ensure that employees are continuously monitored and measured against SMART targets aligned to the
Institute strategic plan and human resource policies, procedures and practices;
• Support the Head of Human Resource in the recruitment, appointment, placement and deployment of staff in the Institute to ensure that the right candidate is matched to the right job;
• Conduct training needs analysis, design and implement relevant training programs in order to build capacity by providing staff with necessary knowledge, skills and behavior characteristics in line with the strategic plan and human resource management policies, procedure and practices;
• Take part in conducting job analysis, and develop job descriptions and job specifications to be used as the basis for recruitment and selection, performance management, training and development, job evaluation, career planning, work design and human resource planning;
• Contribute in conducting workload and workforce analysis to minimize duplications of tasks/activities, determine optimum staff numbers and re-design jobs in line with the approved strategic plan and human resource management policies, procedures and practices ;
• Conduct baseline surveys in order to determine the quality and relevance of human resource development programs in order to identify areas of improvement.
b) Requirements for Appointment:
i. Minimum nine (9) years’ relevant human resource management experience with at least three (3) years in the grade of Human Resources Management Officer I or in a comparable position in a similar institution;
ii. Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences from a recognized institution;
iii. Higher National Diploma in Human Resource Management or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
iv. Practicing Certificate with the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) or its equivalent;
v. Certificate in computer applications skills from a recognized institution;
vi. Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade C+ (plus) or its equivalent from a recognized Institution; and
vii. Have clearance certificates as contained in Chapter six of the Kenya Constitution 2010 from
Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Ethics and Ant-Corruption Commission (EACC), Police, Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), an approved Credit Reference Bureau and Commission on University Education (CUE) for degrees obtained outside Kenya.
How to apply:
Interested persons should send their applications and attach their Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates and national identification card. They should also include their day and evening telephone numbers, e-mail address and names and addresses of three referees to reach the undersigned not later than 5.00 PM on Monday, 11th June, 2018.
Envelopes containing the documents should clearly be marked with the position applied for and addressed to:-
Kenya Forestry Research Institute
P.O. BOX 20412-00200, City Square,
KEFRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to Diversity and Gender Equality. Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of required documents will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.