Kenya Forestry Research institute
The Institute wishes to recruit dynamic, result-oriented and self-driven professionals to fill the vacant positions above.
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
Experience Level: Senior level
Experience Length: 9 years
Kenya Forestry Research Institute (KEFRI) is a State Corporation established in 1986 whose mandate is to undertake research in forestry and allied natural resources, generate and promote improved technologies for sustainable development. The Institute is both EMS 14001: 2004 and QMS 9001:2008 certified.
3. SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR: KEFRI 11- 1POST
a) Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide input in the development of strategies, policies and procedures to ensure objectives are met as planned and actions are properly guided in reaching decisions.
• Review audit reports prepared by subordinates to ensure all the requisite audit areas are covered and details captured.
• Allocate work to subordinates to ensure targets are met and that time is properly utilized.
• Prepare performance contracts with subordinates to direct their efforts to meet the required targets which contribute to achievement of the Institute’s mandate.
• Evaluate the performance of subordinates to ascertain efficiency and effectiveness in work performance in meeting the objectives of the Unit.
• Provide input in the preparation of risk based audit work plan and programs for audit engagements.
• Provide input in the preparation of the draft budget for the unit to help in allocating financial resources.
• Coordinate the implementation of the Institute’s risk management strategy to promote effective management of risk within the Institute.
• Coordinate the implementation of the Institute’s counter corruption strategy to promote effective management of corruption within the Institute.
• Mentor, guide and supervise subordinates through coaching and training to improve performance.
• Lead a team undertaking audit assignments to confirm the adequacy and effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal controls systems.