Kenya National Hospital
18. RE-ADVERTISEMENT: CHIEF HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER I (EMPLOYEE SERVICES), JOB GROUP K5 (2 POSTS)
Reporting to the Deputy Human Resource Manager (Employee Services), the successful candidate will be expected to participate in the planning, coordination, organization and general Human Resource management services in the hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Analysing the staffing levels and making proposals for succession planning
• Handling all Discipline cases, Resignation, Retirement, Leave and Allowances.
• Preparing agenda for the Staff Disciplinary and Advisory Committee (SDAC).
• Ensuring correct interpretation and implementation of human resource regulations relating to pensions, salary administration, labour laws and other statutes relating to human resource management.
• Developing, implementing and maintaining human resources and promote awareness on regulatory compliance.
• Participating in preparation of annual budgets for the department.
• Evaluating internal processes and providing solutions that will ensure services to employees are timely and transparent.
• Supporting quality Assurance / OSHE initiatives in the Department
• Producing reports on key metrics, including remuneration and benefits, absenteeism and turnover.
• Providing supervision, guidance, mentorship and coaching to help staff realise their full potential.
• Providing technical advice to HR business partners in the hospital.
Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration (Human Resource Management option), Labour Relations Management or its equivalent from a recognised university.
• Post graduate Diploma in Human Resource management from a recognised institution or CPS(K).
• Senior Management course lasting at least one (1) month.
• Working experience of at least three (3) years at the level of Chief Human Resource Officer I or its equivalent in a large organization.
• Must be conversant with human resource management information system.
• Must be a member of the Human Resource professional body (IHRM).
Method of Application
Those interested in applying for the declared vacancies and meet the job specifications are required to apply online and MUST submit a hard copy of the Hospital application form available in the website with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before 26th June 2018 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
Please visit our website www.knh.or.ke for full profile of all the advertised positions and the Hospital application form and also the link to apply online.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
• A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
• EACC Clearance
• Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
• HELB Compliance
• KRA Tax Compliance