Kenya National Hospital
17. DEPUTY INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER, JOB GROUP K4 (1 POST)
Reporting to the Information Communication Technology (ICT) Manager, the Deputy ICT Manager will be responsible for the provision of technical support of the ICT infrastructure, Communications and Business Systems including architectural design, functionality and security.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Designing, implementing and maintaining the Hospital’s ICT infrastructure.
• Designing and implementing capabilities to ensure information system security.
• Developing, implementing and managing computerized information system.
• Formulating and implementing ICT policies, procures and plans.
• Managing third party service providers of ICT services to ensure that the Hospital gets value for money.
• Managing ICT related projects through the complete project lifecycle from project initiation to project closure, including project review, undertaking proactive monitoring of costs, timescales and resources throughout.
• Identifying ICT needs of the Hospital staff and clients.
• Providing ICT services to transform the Hospital into an automated work environment that supports efficient and effective service delivery.
• Providing appropriate information and guidance on emerging trends and best practices in ICT to enable Hospital optimize usage of technology.
• Providing support for users of Hospital’s ICT services.
• Conducting and coordinating user training on various systems eg. HMIS, ERP etc.
• Ensuring the ICT strategies, procedures and plans are complete, current and accurate.
• Organizing regular testing of disaster recovery plans and document outcomes.
• Documenting and implementing appropriate processes to manage and report on all ICT infrastructure and systems changes.
Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s degree in any of the following: Information Sciences, Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or any other ICT related discipline from a recognized institution.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Sciences, Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or any other ICT related discipline from a recognized institution.
• Working experience of at least three (3) years at the grade of Principle Information Communication Technology Officer in a large organization.
• Attended a Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized Institution.
• Certification in CISA, ITIL and Project Management eg. PRINCE2.
• Membership to a relevant professional body.
Method of Application
Those interested in applying for the declared vacancies and meet the job specifications are required to apply online and MUST submit a hard copy of the Hospital application form available in the website with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before 26th June 2018 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
Please visit our website www.knh.or.ke for full profile of all the advertised positions and the Hospital application form and also the link to apply online.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
• A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
• EACC Clearance
• Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
• HELB Compliance
• KRA Tax Compliance
To apply for this job please visit www.knh.or.ke.