Kenya National Hospital
16. HEAD, MARKETING & COMMUNICATION DEPARTMENT, JOB GROUP K3
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Head, Communication & Marketing Department will be responsible for planning, designing, coordinating and implementing marketing, public relations, corporate social responsibility programs and public communication activities in the Hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Overall Head of Corporate Affairs function that includes public relations, public communications, corporate social responsibility and marketing.
• Developing work plans and budgets for the Department.
• Overseeing the execution of the approved departmental work plans and budgets.
• Overseeing performance management in the department.
• Preparing and submitting all monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the department.
• Preparing a draft board management papers for approval.
• Identifying training needs for the departmental staff.
• Participating in the development and review of the institution’s strategic plan
• Providing guidance on budgetary allocations to be in line with strategic plan and performance contracts.
• Scaling up utilization of information and communication technology.
• Overseeing corporate communication and marketing
• Spear heading culture change
Qualification and Experience
• Master’s degree in any of the following: Mass Communications; International Relations; Communication studies; Information Sciences; Public Relations; Journalism; Marketing or any other approved qualification from a recognized institution.
• Working experience of at least three (3) years at the level of Corporate Affairs and Communication Manager in a large organization.
• Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme from a recognized institution or its equivalent.
• Evidence of at least one (1) month training in general management.
• Registration with the Public Relations Society of Kenya (PRSK).
• Demonstrated a high degree of professional competencies and managerial capability as well as broad experience in marketing and communication programs.
The position is on a three (3) year contract renewable once subject to satisfactory performance.
Method of Application
Those interested in applying for the declared vacancies and meet the job specifications are required to apply online and MUST submit a hard copy of the Hospital application form available in the website with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before 26th June 2018 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
Please visit our website www.knh.or.ke for full profile of all the advertised positions and the Hospital application form and also the link to apply online.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
• A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
• EACC Clearance
• Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
• HELB Compliance
• KRA Tax Compliance