Kenya National Hospital
23. MEDICAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST I, JOB GROUP K8 (1 POST)
Medical Engineering Technologist I will be responsible to the Senior Medical Engineering Technologist for delivery of efficient and effective quality care, use of medical equipment and service
Duties and Responsibilities
• Implementing medical engineering programmes and projects.
• Providing user support
• Undertaking preventive maintenance and repairs of medical/hospital equipment, plants, furniture and instruments.
• Installing medical equipment and furniture of medium technology
• Providing specifications for spare parts and consumables
• Maintaining inventory of medical/hospital equipment, furniture and plants
• Updating and maintaining information on medical engineering services for input into the integrated health information management system
• Sensitizing users on use and maintenance of medical equipment.
• Advising on technical aspects relating to biomedical equipment.
• Preparing reports on operations of the Unit.
• Implementing policy and quality assurance standards
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelors degree in Medical Engineering from a recognized institution.
• Proven experience of at least three (3) years at the level of Medical Engineering Technologist II or equivalent position in a large organization.
• Evidence of practical experience in spare parts procurement procedures.
• Certificate in computer operations from a recognized institution.
• Registration with a professional body.
Method of Application
Those interested in applying for the declared vacancies and meet the job specifications are required to apply online and MUST submit a hard copy of the Hospital application form available in the website with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before 26th June 2018 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
Please visit our website www.knh.or.ke for full profile of all the advertised positions and the Hospital application form and also the link to apply online.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
• A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
• EACC Clearance
• Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
• HELB Compliance
• KRA Tax Compliance