Kenya National Hospital
3. MEDICAL SPECIALIST II (NUCLEAR MEDICINE), JOB GROUP K4 (1 POST)
The Medical Specialist II, Nuclear Medicine will be responsible to the Chief Medical Specialist/Head of Department and will be expected to take full responsibility for patients under his/her care.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Performing clinical procedures and making decisions on patients’ management in the area of specialization.
• Conducting regular Ward Rounds.
• Responding to consultations from other clinical specialties.
• Conducting specialist out-patient clinics.
• Participating in assessment of patients as may be required by the Hospital Management.
• Participating in research, teaching and supervising the performance of both medical and non-medical staff as well as post-graduate students.
• Participating in preparation of annual budgets for the department.
• Participating in Administrative activities of the department.
• Participating in delivery of hospital strategic plan and performance contract.
• Formulation of sustainable Supply Chain schedules of Radiopharmaceuticals.
Qualifications and Experience
• Masters Degree in Medicine (Mmed) in Nuclear Medicine or equivalent from a recognized University.
• Proven experience of not less than one (1) year at the level of Medical Specialist II.
• Specialist Recognition and retention Certificate from the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board of Kenya.
Applicants on training for Nuclear Medicine (either fourth or fifth year) may be considered and absorbed at a lower level (Senior Medical Officer III, Job Group K5) for mentorship. Upon completion of studies, the officer would be promoted to the position of a Medical Specialist II (Nuclear Medicine), Job Group K4.
Method of Application
Those interested in applying for the declared vacancies and meet the job specifications are required to apply online and MUST submit a hard copy of the Hospital application form available in the website with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before 26th June 2018 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
Please visit our website www.knh.or.ke for full profile of all the advertised positions and the Hospital application form and also the link to apply online.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
• A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
• EACC Clearance
• Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
• HELB Compliance