Kenya National Hospital
21. SENIOR INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICER (APPLICATION DEVELOPER/PROGRAMMING EXPERT), JOB GROUP K7 (1 POST)
Reporting to the Chief ICT Officer, the Senior ICT Officer (Application Developer) is responsible for delivering high quality, maintainable and robust software solutions that fit end user requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Designing and implementing applications/solutions based on given requirements, documenting the designs and providing time estimates to meet business requirements.
• Translating design requirements into reliable and user-friendly solutions using appropriate technologies, languages and tools.
• Modifying existing or creating new application programs to address business requirements
• Developing, optimizing and normalizing database structures to ensure optimal database performance of application systems.
• Developing interfaces for user data capture and generation of reports as required by users.
• Producing automated Unit/Integration tests during development and support
System/UAT testing in conjunction with interested parties.
• Integrating applications both internally developed as well as outsourced systems to ensure seamless exchange of data across multiple application systems and databases.
• Troubleshooting technical issues in software applications and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
• Giving technical and business support to customers, helpdesk, Data Centre and other ICT personnel in order to meet business and operational needs.
• Preparing and testing sample datasets to ensure that output from new or modified systems work as intended.
• Conducting user acceptance testing to ensure the program can be used easily and functions as intended.
• Writing detailed documentation for the operation of the program by users and computer operators.
• Undertaking any other duties as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the level of responsibility of this job role.
Qualification and Experience
• Degree in Computer Science or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
• Minimum of Six (6) years hands-on experience in systems development.
• Must have a working knowledge of relational databases, web and client-server concepts.
• Fluent in at least two programming languages/tools.
• Demonstrated NET development experience.
• Fast learner (capable of picking up new technologies and end user requirements quickly and efficiently).
• Knowledge of Object Orientated (OO) principles and OO Design experience.
• Understanding of basic computer hardware (as required by a programmer using a high level language; e.g. can conceptualize/describe CPUs, Memory, Hard drives, Networks e.t.c).
• Previous implementation and design experience (medium to large scale sized systems).
• Good communication oral/team relationship skills (required to work as part of a multi discipline delivery team, must be able to comfortably handle differences in opinion and explain technical concepts to nontechnical staff).
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Method of Application
Those interested in applying for the declared vacancies and meet the job specifications are required to apply online and MUST submit a hard copy of the Hospital application form available in the website with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before 26th June 2018 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
Please visit our website www.knh.or.ke for full profile of all the advertised positions and the Hospital application form and also the link to apply online.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
• A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
• EACC Clearance
• Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
• HELB Compliance
• KRA Tax Compliance