Kenya National Hospital
20. SENIOR INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICER (DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR), JOB GROUP K7 (1 POST)
Reporting to the Chief ICT Officer, the Senior ICT Officer (Database Administrator (DBA) will be responsible for the performance, integrity and security of the Hospital databases.
Duties and responsibilities
• Establishing the needs of users and monitoring user access and security.
• Creating and maintaining all databases required for development, testing, training and production usage.
• Designing databases for maximal performance, scalability, flexibility and reliability.
• Performing the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases.
• Performing ongoing tuning of the database instances.
• Planning and implementing backup and recovery of the databases.
• Controlling migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle.
• Implementing and enforcing security for all the databases.
• Performing database re-organization as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database.
• Putting standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance.
• Performing reviews on the design and code frequently to ensure the site standards are being adhered to.
• Providing technical support to application development teams.
• Enforcing and maintaining database constraints to ensure integrity of the database.
• Administering all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
• Assisting with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
• Troubleshooting problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
• Creating new database users as required.
• Managing sharing of resources amongst applications.
• Undertaking any other duties as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the level of responsibility of this job role.
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree in Computer Science or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
• Minimum of six (6) years relevant experience (database management) in a demanding environment.
• Good knowledge of database security management.
• Solid knowledge of both database and system performance tuning.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
• Good understanding of at least one of Linux or UNIX operating systems.
• Full DBA certification required: Oracle DBA, MCDBA, or equivalent.
Method of Application
Those interested in applying for the declared vacancies and meet the job specifications are required to apply online and MUST submit a hard copy of the Hospital application form available in the website with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before 26th June 2018 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
Please visit our website www.knh.or.ke for full profile of all the advertised positions and the Hospital application form and also the link to apply online.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
• A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
• EACC Clearance
• Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
• HELB Compliance
• KRA Tax Compliance