Kenya National Hospital
10. PUBLIC HEALTH OFFICER I, JOB GROUP K8 (1 POST)
The Public Health Officer I, will be responsible to the Senior Public Health Officer for implementation of sanitation and hygiene standards in the Hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Inspection for preventive maintenance in the Hospital, hospital sanitation, healthcare and waste management.
• Implementing sanitation and hygiene standards in the Hospital.
• Mobilising, sensitizing and advising Hospital peripheral communities on matters related to environmental health.
• Identifying environmental health issues.
• Implementing vector, vermin and rodent control measures.
• Implementing integrated mosquito control strategies.
• Participating in research, teaching and supervising the performance of both medical and non-medical staff as well as students.
• Participating in preparation of annual budgets for the department.
• Participating in Administrative activities of the department.
• Participating in delivery of hospital strategic plan and performance contract.
• Supervision of staff under him/her
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelors degree in either Environmental Health Science or Public Health Inspection from a recognized institution.
• At least three (3) years progressive work experience in a large institution.
• A valid Public Health Officers and Technicians Registration Council Certificate.
• Certificate of proficiency in computer applications from a recognized institution.
Method of Application
Those interested in applying for the declared vacancies and meet the job specifications are required to apply online and MUST submit a hard copy of the Hospital application form available in the website with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before 26th June 2018 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
Please visit our website www.knh.or.ke for full profile of all the advertised positions and the Hospital application form and also the link to apply online.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
• A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
• EACC Clearance
• Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
• HELB Compliance
• KRA Tax Compliance