Kenya National Hospital
22. SENIOR INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICER (NETWORK AND INFRASTRUCTURE ADMINISTRATOR), JOB GROUP K7 (1 POST)
Reporting to Chief ICT Officer, the Senior ICT Officer (Network and Infrastructure Administrator) will be responsible for Analysis, design, installation, configuration, maintenance and repair of the network infrastructure and application components.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Designing, setting up and configuring complex switching environments and complex wireless networks that support secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications.
• Configuring and setting up Cisco Firewalls, VPN Concentrators and Security appliances for access to vital mission critical applications
• Maintaining network security through proper configuration of VPN and Firewalls.
• Setting up and maintaining the LAN and its associated components (switches, structured cabling, power provisioning etc).
• Assisting in the designing of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS.
• Providing technical assistance and support to internal staff, vendors, and partner agencies.
• Maintaining both the wired & wireless network inclusive of performance, security, throughput and upgrades.
• Implementing network upgrades by developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
• Creating and maintaining comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks.
• Implementing effective maintenance of all hardware inclusive of enterprise hardware such as servers, storage, switches, routers, and UPS’s.
• Troubleshooting of network hardware and software applications, IP Phones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
• Ensuring all work and changes to infrastructure components are performed in such a way as to minimize disruptions to existing ICT services.
• Assisting in keeping track of the Hospital’s infrastructure assets and ensuring that the infrastructure and data is kept secure at all times.
• Ensuring technology is used, managed and supported in accordance with the Hospital’s standards, policies and procedures.
• Undertaking any other duties as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the level of responsibility of this job role.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in ICT, Computer Science and Electrical Engineering or related field from a recognized institution.
• Networking certification (Mandatory) e.g. CCNA, CCNP, CCVP or VOIP Certification.
• Knowledge of VOIP implementation and support.
• Knowledge and understanding of Operating System fundamentals especially UNIX, Linux and Oracle Solaris.
• A supervisory Course lasting not less than 2 weeks from a recognized institution.
• Relevant experience of not less than 6 years (in network design and management, working with Routers, switches, firewalls, and IDS/IPS).
• Strong background in TCP/IP networking software and hardware including routers, switches and firewalls.
• Knowledge of computer network security systems, procedures, techniques and application.
Method of Application
Those interested in applying for the declared vacancies and meet the job specifications are required to apply online and MUST submit a hard copy of the Hospital application form available in the website with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before 26th June 2018 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
Please visit our website www.knh.or.ke for full profile of all the advertised positions and the Hospital application form and also the link to apply online.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
• A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
• EACC Clearance
• Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
• HELB Compliance
• KRA Tax Compliance