Kenyatta National Hospital
The Hospital Management invites applications from qualified candidates for the following positions.
1. MONITORING AND EVALUATION MANAGER, JOB GROUP K4 (1 POST)
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will bereporting to the Head of Department Quality Health Care and will be responsible for coordinating all Monitoring & Evaluation related activities and providing constant feedback to the Board of Management, Technical and Program Teams.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Monitoring and evaluation for clinical governance.
• Monitoring performance and help inform governance body and patient care.
• Developing an internal system of evaluation that can be monitored; i.e. (processes, inputs, impact, output, efficiency, effectiveness and outcomes, for clinical governance framework).
• Developing an analyses plan that enables improvement in clinical care and can be internally communicated and reported for Quality assurance purposes. (Learning from data, routine data, risk assessment and safety incident data)
• Supporting hospital self-assessment and evaluation for improvement.
• Participating in review committee meetings e.g. mortality, clinical research committee etc by giving actionable information.
• Reviewing and analyzing data (M&M, Clinical Audit, Incident reports) and report to the clinical governance team on the current issues.
• Coordinating and Monitoring reports from clinical areas, reviewing progress against their targets and quality improvement plans and key performance indicators.
• Monitoring progress and follow-up on the recommendations that have been given during the previous clinical audits and Mortality and Morbidity audits.
• Developing systems that proactively and reactively monitor patient centeredness care.
• Effective Supervision, training and development of staff.
• Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) or Master degree in Nursing from a recognized institution.
• Must possess training in Public Health or Health Services Management or its equivalent.
• Proficiency certificate in monitoring and evaluation.
• At least 3 years’ progressive experience in Monitoring and Evaluation and Hospital leadership.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications, data form design, collection, and statistical analysis packages.
• Evidence of training in report-writing
Method of Application
Those interested in applying for the declared vacancies and meet the job specifications are required to apply online and MUST submit a hard copy of the Hospital application form available in the website with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before 16th July 2018 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
Please visit our website www.knh.or.ke for full profile of all the advertised positions and the Hospital application form and also the link to apply online.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
KRA Tax Compliance