Kitui Water and Sanitation Company
Job Type: 3 Years renewable contract.
Kitui Water and sanitation Company (KITWASCO) is an agency of County Government of Kitui mandated to distribute water and offer sanitation services in Kitui town and its environs.
In order to ensure the Company delivers on its mandate, we now seek to recruit a high calibre, results oriented and self-driven professionals who will provide leadership and strategic direction in the capacity of the following posts;
1. Technical Manager
Reporting to the Managing Director, the position holder will plan, direct, co-ordinate, control and manage the Company’s operations and maintenance of infrastructure in order to supply water and sewerage services to the required standards and in compliance with the Company’s policy while cost saving and surpassing targets.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Developing and reviewing departmental policies, strategies and action plans that are in keeping with overall mission and objectives of KITWASCO.
•Coordinate all technical matters relating to corporate planning, design and implementation of water and sewerage services.
• Coordinate all technical matters relating to corporate planning, design and implementation of water and sewerage services
• Co-ordinating of rehabilitation, augmentation and extension works on the water supply and sewerage infrastructure.
• Producing and supplying high quality water to customers in an effective and efficient manner and in compliance with the legal as well as firm’s provisions.
• Proper collection, treatment and disposal of sewerage in accordance with legal and Trust’s provisions and at minimal costs.
• Developing a customer focus to provision of services.
• Managing the Company’s assets through effective maintenance and repairs, installation and replacement as well as undertaking technical audits
• Spearhead implementation of departmental strategic plan thematic areas
• Preparing comprehensive departmental reports, including engineering budgets to facilitate decision-making.
• Responsible for developing the departmental staff through supervision, appraising and identifying their training and development needs.
• Ensure design and construction standards are adhered to and maintained.
• Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
•BSc holder in Civil or Water Engineering from a recognized university and preferably registered by the Engineer’s Registration Board (ERB) and/or member of Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK).
•Minimum 8 years’ experience in successful operation and maintenance of water supply and sewerage infrastructure and having demonstrated high standard of professional competence and administrative ability.
•Must have excellent understanding of the Kenyan water sector reforms;
•Computer literacy a must, including use of relevant engineering software.
•Knowledge of GIS system will be an added advantage
How to Apply
All applicants must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity by submitting clearance certificates from:
•Ethics and Anti-Corruption commission (EACC)
•Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
•Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
•Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
If you possess the above qualification and drive to meet the challenge, visit our website www.kitwasco.co.ke for more details and apply on or before 29th June 2018 to undersigned address.
Kitui Water sanitation Company,
Po Box 341-90200,
Manyenyoni office: Kitui School-Majengo Road