Marvin Marsh International
Job Purpose Summary
Leverage information both internally and externally with the objective of improving sales to attain company objective.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Analysis and interpretation of sales data /information that aids in prompt and effective decision making.
2. Recruitment of well resources agents.
3. Monitoring of sales team performance to ensure they achieve set targets and operate within set guidelines.
4. Oversee the development of an update to date customer list that captures the sales activity of all retail customers thereby identifying opportunity gaps.
5. Overseeing customer’s accounts to ensure that the sales team keeps them within the approved criteria and corrective action is taken where applicable.
6. Ensure all retail customers carry adequate stocks to enable across the range pull through, by the van promoters.
7. Managing distributors & recommending new distributor appointments in the region.
8. Ensure all orders are delivered on time and also ensure that customer complaints and queries are addressed promptly.
9. Managing Sales representatives towards attaining targets
10. Overseeing timely debt collection
11. Management of the sales forecasting process (in conjunction with Marketing and Sales) that seeks to achieve the sales objective, proper product mix eliminates out- of – stock/Over –stock/obsolescence.
12. Timely liaison with the production staff to ensure they prepare the required product mix.
13. Prepare periodic reports for the management.
14. Boosting sales volume to meet expected sales target, monitoring and evaluation and continuous improvements.
15. Capture accurate and excellent market intelligence for the assigned region
16. Maximization of operating profit by assisting regional sales representatives in controlling selling costs.
17. Recommending on Sales Department training.
18. Maintain strong, cordial relations with customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· A graduate from recognized university with a degree in business related fields.
· 8 years F.M.C.G experience in sales administration/Customer Service.
· Knowledge of base-line general management (sales and marketing principles).
· High level of numeracy and ability to understand and analyze.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
· Bias for action (with positive return).
· Computer literacy with fluency in major office software packages.
· Exposure and experience with ERPs
Internal – Production Department; highly dependable on their efficiency
– Accounts Department; management information for decision making.
– Sales Department : Analysis of sales
External – Customers, distributors/agents. Sales outlets
Sources of References
· Company Directors
· General Manager, National Sales Manager, Key accounts manager, Marketing Executive
· Financial Accountant and Credit Controller
· Operations Department,
· Production Manager
· Human Resources Department
Key Success Factors
· Meet sales performance targets
· Growth of market segements
· On time performance, work ethic and quality of the Sales Team
· Monitoring of direct reports and peers
· A motivated sales team
· Supply Chain Management
· Trend analysis & proposed action thus
If you believe that you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this position, then please submit your application letter, attach your CV, certificates and letters of referee NOT LATER THAN 15TH July 2018 by using this url/website.