Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital
OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR ADMINISTRATION,PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following posts. Two (2) copies of the applications should be submitted in writing together with an updated curriculum vitae giving details of applicant’s age, marital status, academic and professional qualifications, working experience, present post and salary, telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees plus copies of certificates and testimonials. The reference number of the position applied for should be clearly indicated.
Applications should be addressed to:-
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration, Planning & Development)
P.O Box 3900,
so as to reach him not later than, 17th July, 2018. Applicants are advised to contact their referees and request them to send their letters of reference to the above address. The referees should write and send their recommendations under sealed envelope within three weeks from the date of this advertisement. For those already in employment, applications should be channelled through their Heads of Departments.
(i) Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
(ii) Moi University is an equal opportunity employer
Interested applicants should visit the university website www.mu.ac.ke for detailed description of the requirements and responsibilities for each of the positions.
PROF. NATHAN O. OGECHI
AG. DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR ADMINISTRATION, PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT MOI UNIVERSITY
SCHOOL OF AEROSPACE SCIENCES
(2) CHIEF FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR- SCALE 13 (1 POSITION) MU/ADM/02/06/2018
This is a full time job. The Chief Flight Instructor shall:
• Have overall responsibility for flight activities, flight training safety, quality, policies and discipline.
• Manage the performance of the Flight Instructors ensuring they meet the required standards of the ATO:
• Be responsible for the standardization of all flight instruction and synthetic flight instruction:
• Be responsible for the continuous development of the procedures Manual and Training Manuals, SOPs and Syllabi, ensuring that training is carried out in strict adherence to them:
• Carry out testing of instructors and students as appropriate in accordance with the Kenya Civil Aviation Authority Approved Training Manual and Procedures Manual, providing remedial training and performance management where necessary:
• Implementing effective use of technology, training aids and materials in flight training and assisting in their development:
• To remain up to date with standardization activities methods through continual interaction during face to face meetings and/or flights with students when reasonably practicable so as to assess the standards and be able to implement solutions: and
• Perform any other duties assigned by the Head of Training or Accountable Manager.
Applicants for this position must:
• Holds a Bachelor`s Degree in relevant field with a minimum of second Class Upper Division from a University recognized by Moi University Senate;
• Meet the requirements of The Civil Aviation (Approved Training Organizations) Regulations, 2013,third Schedule, part B(2);
• Holds a valid commercial Pilot License or Airline Transport Pilot License;
• Holds a valid qualified Flight Instructor Rating with a minimum of 500 hours instructional time;
• Be rated on Cessna 152 and Cessna 182;
• Holds a valid Multi-Engine Instrument Rating;
• Have held a senior position in an Approved Training Organization for at least 3 years;
• Have a good interpersonal and communication skills, be technically competent and a person of integrity, be impartial in carrying out tasks, be tactful, have good understanding of human nature and possess the ability to get along with other people;
• Meet the provisions of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya by providing current relevant certificates and or/clearance from the following bodies;
– Kenya Revenue Authority
– Higher Education Loans Board
– Criminal Investigations Department
– Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission
– Credit Reference Bureau
– Relevant professional body
University Architect – Scale 14 (xiv) – Min of Ksh.170, 681/= p.m. – Max of Ksh.189,813/= p.m.
Chief Flight Instructor – Scale 13 (xiii) – Min of Kshs. 106,327/= pm – Max Kshs. 149,940/= p.m. Chief Security officer – Scale 12 (xii) – Min of Kshs.94, 347/= p.m. – Max of Kshs. – 131,736/=p.m.
Flight Instructor- Scale 12 (xii) – Min of Kshs.94, 347/= p.m. – Max of Kshs. 131,736/=p.m.
Fire Officer – Scale 9 (xi) – Min of Ksh.94, 347/= p.m. – Max of Kshs. 131,736/=p.m.
In addition to the salary, the terms of service include membership of Moi University Pension Scheme, attractive house allowance, non-contributory Medical Scheme, annual leave days and other benefits