Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
Experience Level: Mid level
Experience Length: 3 years
OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR ADMINISTRATION,PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following posts. Two (2) copies of the applications should be submitted in writing together with an updated curriculum vitae giving details of applicant’s age, marital status, academic and professional qualifications, working experience, present post and salary, telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees plus copies of certificates and testimonials. The reference number of the position applied for should be clearly indicated.
Applications should be addressed to:-
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration, Planning & Development)
P.O Box 3900,
so as to reach him not later than, 17th July, 2018. Applicants are advised to contact their referees and request them to send their letters of reference to the above address. The referees should write and send their recommendations under sealed envelope within three weeks from the date of this advertisement. For those already in employment, applications should be channelled through their Heads of Departments.
(i) Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
(ii) Moi University is an equal opportunity employer
Interested applicants should visit the university website www.mu.ac.ke for detailed description of the requirements and responsibilities for each of the positions.
PROF. NATHAN O. OGECHI
AG. DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR ADMINISTRATION, PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT MOI UNIVERSITY
SCHOOL OF AEROSPACE SCIENCES
(4) FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR – SCALE 12 (1 POSITION) MU/ADM/04/06/2018
This is a job on contract basis renewable biennially (2 years) based on satisfactory performance. He/she shall be responsible for training students in subjects as outlined in the Kenya Civil Aviation Authority Approved Training Manual and Procedures Manual.
The Flight Instructor shall:
• Assist the Head of Training and Chief Flight Instructor in developing curricula;
• Instruct students in a classroom setting;
• Conduct training flights;
• Determine student proficiency;
• Report on student progress;
• Develop new teaching methods; and
• Perform any other assigned duties by the Chief Flight Instructor or Head of Training.
Applicants for this position must;
• Holds at least KCSE mean grade C+ or `O’ level KCE – Div. II or its equivalent;
• Meet the requirements of The Civil Aviation (Approved Training Organizations) Regulations, 2013,third schedule, part B (3);
• Holds a valid Commercial Pilot License or Airline Transport Pilot License;
• Holds a valid Qualified Flight Instructor Rating with a minimum of 200 hours instructional time:
• Be rated on any one of the University`s aircraft;
• Have a good interpersonal and communication skills be technically competent and a person of integrity, be impartial in carrying out tasks, be tactful, have good understanding of human nature and possess ability to get along with other people; and
• A valid Multi-Engine Instrument Rating will be an added advantage.
• Meet the provisions of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya by providing current relevant certificates and or/clearance from the following bodies;
– Kenya Revenue Authority
– Higher Education Loans Board
– Criminal Investigations Department
– Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission
– Credit Reference Bureau
– Relevant professional body
University Architect – Scale 14 (xiv) – Min of Ksh.170, 681/= p.m. – Max of Ksh.189,813/= p.m.
Chief Flight Instructor – Scale 13 (xiii) – Min of Kshs. 106,327/= pm – Max Kshs. 149,940/= p.m. Chief Security officer – Scale 12 (xii) – Min of Kshs.94, 347/= p.m. – Max of Kshs. – 131,736/=p.m.
Flight Instructor- Scale 12 (xii) – Min of Kshs.94, 347/= p.m. – Max of Kshs. 131,736/=p.m.
Fire Officer – Scale 9 (xi) – Min of Ksh.94, 347/= p.m. – Max of Kshs. 131,736/=p.m.
In addition to the salary, the terms of service include membership of Moi University Pension Scheme, attractive house allowance, non-contributory Medical Scheme, annual leave days and other benefits