National Cereals And Produce Board
National Cereals and Produce Board (NCPB) is a state corporation that procures and manages the Country’s Strategic Food Reserve (SFR) stocks and distributes GoK-subsidized Fertiliser and Relief Food. It also trades commercially in various grain and related products and services. NCPB would like to recruit suitably qualified and competent persons to fill the below vacant positions on three-year fixed-term contract:
General Manager, Marketing and Operations (Job Group D4)
Job Purpose (Role)
Reporting to the Managing Director, the jobholder is responsible for overseeing the planning, implementing, evaluating and controlling sales and marketing operations activities to meet NCPB’s targets for retention growth and profitability and to meet NCPB’s targets for procurement, maintenance and distribution of produce and agricultural inputs. The Jobholder also contributes to the executive management of NCPB.
Functions / Key Results Expected
1. Oversees the planning and implementation of marketing strategy
2. Oversees the planning and implementation of sales and customer retention and development.
3. Oversees planning and management of sales and marketing resources according to agreed budgets.
4. Contributes to formulation of policy and strategy.
5. Manages, trains and motivates direct reporting staff according to NCPB’s procedures, policy and employment law.
6. Maintains administration and relevant reporting and planning systems within the Division.
7. Manages relevant reporting of management and financial information for the Division
8. Participates in the selection and management of external agencies.
9. Oversees management of new business development.
10. Maintains and develops corporate image and reputation, and protects and develops NCPB’s brands via suitable PR activities and intellectual property management.
11. Coordinates operational functions including purchasing, transport, storage and quality control to ensure effectiveness in performance and cost.
12. Oversees the establishment and implementation of appropriate programmes for procurement, management and disposal of products, services and commodities.
13. Oversees the development and implementation of sound economic purchasing and sales management programmes.
14. Oversees the development, updating and the application of appropriate quality control measures to prevent loss and quality deterioration of products.
15. Oversees planning and coordination of product programmes.
16. Oversees maintenance of required systems and standards for stores administration and inventory control.
17. Carries out any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the overall efficiency and effectiveness of NCPB including improved business results and client services. The Warehousing and Operation function impacts on the organisation’s ability to satisfy consumers’ needs for its products as well as procure, store and distribute various products
Qualifications and Experience
· A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or other business related field
· A Masters ’s Degree in Marketing/Economics
· Professional Diploma in Marketing or equivalent
· Minimum of 12 years in Marketing, five (5) of which should be in the post of Head of Marketing Department or equivalent.
· Membership of the Marketing Society of Kenya or equivalent
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS (ALL JOBS)
· Planning & Organizing
· Management Control
· Commercial Awareness
· Interpersonal Sensitivity
· Strategic Perspective
· Police Clearance Certificate (Certificate of Good Conduct)
· Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) Clearance Certificate.
· A Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
· A clearance certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
How to Apply
Applications together with a CV (that includes notable achievements, work experience, current remuneration, qualifications, names of three referees (two of whom must have supervised the candidate at some point while the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field), telephone contact and email address copies of academic and professional certificates as well as relevant testimonials should be sent to the following address:
The Managing Director
National Cereals and Produce Board
P. O. BOX 30586 – 00100
The envelope clearly marked Ref: NCPB/MD/018/2 should be received not later than 30thJune 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that NCPB’s recruitment and selection practices are guided by the National Values and Principles of Governance and the Public Service Values and Principles as per Article 10 (2) and 252 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and best practice. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification