National Cereals And Produce Board
National Cereals and Produce Board (NCPB), is a state corporation whose mandate includes procuring and managing the Country’s Strategic Food Reserve (SFR) stocks and distributing GoK-subsidized Fertiliser and Relief Food and trading commercially in various grain and related products and services.
The Board would like to recruit a suitably qualified and competent person to fill the above vacant position, which calls for high maturity and ability to deliver the Board’s corporate objectives efficiently and effectively
· Implements and monitors decisions of the Board of Directors
· Spearheads reviewing and implementing NCPB corporate strategy and ensures the Board contributes effectively towards the achievement of the Government’s Big Four Agenda, Vision 2030 and other policy directions
· Coordinates and prepares business related proposals and resource mobilization.
· Ensures effective communication between management and the Board as well as between different levels of management
· Provides leadership in change management
· Provides leadership and fosters teamwork among all employees
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
1) A Bachelor’s degree in a business related field from a recognized university
2) A Masters degree in Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, Agricultural Marketing or related fields from a recognized University
3) Possess a minimum of 12 years’ experience; 10 of which must be at a senior management level in a reputable organisation
4) Display evidence of proven performance in a busy organisation.
5) Previous experience of working in a related industry will be an added advantage
1) Planning & Organizing
3) Management Control
4) Commercial Awareness
6) Interpersonal Sensitivity
7) Strategic Perspective
9) Effective Communication
1) Police Clearance Certificate (Certificate of Good Conduct)
2) Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) Clearance Certificate
3) A Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
4) A clearance certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
5) Membership of a professional body in the area of specialization.
Applications together with a CV (that includes notable achievements, work experience, current remuneration, qualifications, names of three referees (two of whom must have supervised the candidate at some point while the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field), telephone contact and email address copies of academic and professional certificates as well as relevant testimonials should be sent to the following address:
National Cereals and Produce Board
P. O. BOX 30586 – 00100
The envelope clearly marked Ref: NCPB/MD/018/1 should be received not later than 30thJune 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that NCPB’s recruitment and selection practices are guided by the National Values and Principles of Governance and the Public Service Values and Principles as per Article 10 (2) and 252 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and best practice. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification