Newmatic Africa Ltd.
The Personal Assistant provides support in a one-on-one working relationship.
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
Experience Level: Mid level
Experience Length: 3 years
Job Description: Reporting directly to the CEO.
· The Personal Assistant provides support in a one-on-one working relationship.
· The Personal Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external on all matters pertaining to the Office of the CEO.
· The Personal Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects.
· The Personal Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and growth oriented.
· The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
· The Personal Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including:
· Managing an extremely active calendar of appointments;
· Completing expense reports;
· Composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential;
· Arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
· Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected.
· Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
· Communicates directly, and on behalf the CEO, with Board members, staff, and others, on matters related to CEO’s plans and initiatives.
· Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
· Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
· Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated.
· Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organizational impact.
· Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the company.
· Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Board Support and Liaison
• Serves as the CEO’s administrative liaison to Newmatic Africa’s board of directors
• Assists board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed
• Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members
• Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
Senior Management Liaison
• Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings
• Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings
• Facilitates cross-divisional coordination of travel and planned activities
• Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stake holders
• Works with the Strategic team in coordinating the CEO’s PR & Marketing activities, speaking engagements etc
• Follows up on contacts made by the CEO and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships
• Edits all, and creates acknowledgement letters from the CEO.
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and customers
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
• Emotional maturity
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree required (An MBA candidate will be an added plus)
• Work tenure: 3 to 5 years of experience
• Experience and interest in internal and external communications
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
If you believe that you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this position, then please submit your application letter, attach your CV, certificates and letters of referee NOT LATER THAN 6TH July 2018 by using this url/website.
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.