As part of the regional structure for Oxfam, the purpose of the Regional Logistics Coordinator is to support Oxfam and its partner organisations at country and regional level in creating and maintaining the Supply and Logistics capacity and capabilities required to fulfill Oxfam’s development and Humanitarian mandate.
• Working in collaboration with key stakeholders, design and implement a regional logistics strategy.
• Assist countries in developing S & L strategies which aid in the delivery of their country specific operational plans.
• Coordinate the various logistics stakeholders (EA’s, GHT) and resources to ensure adequate support is provided to the countries in the execution of their mandate.
• Maintains for all countries in the region, logistics risk profiles for countries, based on input from EAs, Country self-assessments and audits and in collaboration with the EA’s ensures action plans identified are followed up and executed.
• Supports Oxfam and its partners in implementing all programmes, including CAT3 emergency preparedness, readiness and response plans.
• Assists Oxfam and its partners’ country logistics teams to scale up rapid and effective Cat3 – humanitarian response operations when emergency occurs and advises on the required logistics organogram and infrastructure for the response.
• In CAT1 and CAT2 emergencies the Regional Logistics Coordinator will work closely with Organisational and Operational Lead and GHT to ensure a quality and timely response.
• Supports countries to conduct market research, identifies and recommends potential in-country and regional suppliers
• Gives input and advice on Oxfam’s work within the region (this includes, but not limited to, project concept notes, proposals and budgets, regional and country contingency plans) and where necessary with the GHT and the OGB EA node
• Maintains database of regional supply sources and supports Oxfam and its partners’ country offices in establishment and periodic evaluation of Framework Agreements (FA) to secure timely and efficient delivery of supplies and services critical to Oxfam’s (planned) humanitarian programs
• Supports the Humanitarian Coordinator, from a logistics perspective to ensure that Security plan and policies and procedures are appropriate to the context and logistics elements (including procurement, distributions, transport, warehousing, travel, etc.) are risk assessed and updated to reflect the complexity of any humanitarian response
• Supports and advises Oxfam and its partners on timely prepositioning and/or mobilisation of supplies and stocks needed for development and humanitarian programs
• In collaboration with OI RD, OI CDs, regional humanitarian coordinator, countries logisticians, GHT, EA Node and other key stakeholders, implement and maintain regional humanitarian registers for rapid response team (including secondment and job swapping registers)
• Gives ad-hoc advice on (non) compliance to process and procedural standards and informs responsible managers and EA node logisticians accordingly
• Regularly visits country offices and field locations in countries to provide on ground support.
▪ Supports and promotes job swapping and secondment exchange for capacity building purposes and effective humanitarian and development programs delivery for both Oxfam and its partners
▪ In collaboration with EA, support countries in recruitment of Country Logistics Managers and other key Logistics staff.
▪ In collaboration with the country logistics staff (including partners), Oxfam Great Britain EA node logisticians, the GHT and S&L shared service, the role designs, updates and disseminates humanitarian response related training materials for Oxfam and its partners
▪ In collaboration with the country logistics staff (including partners), Oxfam Great Britain EA node logisticians, the GHT and the Regional Humanitarian Coordinator and OI CDs, promote PARCEL Training for Trainers, provides technical support and follow-up of capacity assessments in country for Oxfam’s partners (including government departments, national and international NGOs, civil society and private sectors)
▪ In collaboration with the EA logistics resources, supports country logistics staff in designing training and workshops, when necessary, facilitating training on supply chain management for Oxfam and its partners, to fulfill Oxfam development and humanitarian mandate.
▪ Oversees and ensures that country logistics coordinators/managers have been trained on key procedures for emergency response such as first phase minimum requirements and cash transfers SOPs.
Communication and reporting
▪ Ensures and maintains good communication relationship internally and externally (this includes – but not limited to – GHT, EA’s, CLT, partners, local authorities, logistics clusters, humanitarian procurement centres, regional suppliers, participates to regular meetings with the region and, where necessary, the GHT in order to pass-on and debates regional and country humanitarian logistics related topics (including – but not limited to – logistics contingency plans, challenges, opportunities, learning, outcomes of audits)
▪ Reviews monthly reports from countries and in collaboration with the EA’s develops suitable response plans to address any issues which may arise. Acts as escalation to the OI platform line management to ensure action points are properly prioritized, executed and coordinates with all relevant stakeholders to ensure resources are availed to countries to adequately support the logistics function.
• Matrix manages Country Logistics / Supply Managers in countries and acts as a functional
escalation for performance related issues.
• In collaboration with the EA’s, participate in the recruitment, induction and training of Country
Logistics / Supply Managers across the region
translation missing: en.pages.job_page.salary_range: Not specified
Additional information: Not specified
Contract type: Temporary
Job type: Full Time
Area of work: Transportation, logistics, driving
Seniority: Experienced (senior worker)
Required education: Bachelor’s degree
Required relevant work experience: 3 years
Required skills: Reporting; Logistics planning and management; Technical support; Capacity planning; Procurement; Project implementation; Communication
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
To apply for this job please visit www.fuzu.com.