OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR
(ADMINISTRATION, FINANCE AND PLANNING)
POSITIONS FOR ADVERTISEMENT
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions:
1. ASSISTANT REGISTRAR- Scale RU 12
The job holder will be responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the efficient and effective running of the Department including linking the Office of the Vice Chancellor to the other departments within the University for Smoothness of operations and organizational synergy.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Personal Assistant to the Vice Chancellor
• Co-ordination of the Vice Chancellor’s itinerary
• Performing administrative functions in the vice chancellors’ office
• Liaising with various organizations and government agencies on behalf of the Vice Chancellor.
• Drafting of, and responding to correspondence for, or on behalf of the Vice Chancellor
• Preparation of annual budgetary estimates for the Office of the Vice Chancellor
• Preparation and Drafting of reports for the Vice Chancellor
• Supervision of staff working in the Vice Chancellor’s office.
• Liaising with other Divisions, sections and departments within the university on matters pertaining to the Vice Chancellor’s office
• Any other duty as may be assigned by the Vice Chancellor
i. Bachelors degree from a recognized university
ii. Masters degree in Management, Information Studies, Communications, IT, Education, Public Administration or related area
iii. At least five years’ experience in university administration with at least three years as an Administrator in a VC, DVC, Principal, Dean or Director’s office
iv. Certified Public Secretary (CPSI) or training in Human Resource Management
v. Training in ICT and PowerPoint presentation skills
vi. Evidence of attending managerial seminars will be added advantage
For each of these positions, ten (10) copies of application should be submitted together with copies of updated curriculum vitae giving details of applicant’s age, marital status, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, present position and salary, telephone contact, name and address of three (3) referees, plus copies of certificates and testimonials. The reference number of the position applied for MUST be indicated on the application letter and on the envelope.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor
Administration, Finance and Planning
P.O. Box 103-40404
so as to reach him on or before 8th June, 2018.
Applicants are advised to contact their referees and request them to send reference letters to the above address on sealed envelopes not later than 8th June, 2018. Late applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.