OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR
(ADMINISTRATION, FINANCE AND PLANNING)
POSITIONS FOR ADVERTISEMENT
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions:
2. CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER – Scale RU 12
• Drafting of speeches for University functions.
• Liaising with Media house to correct image of the University from reports sent to them from various sources.
• Protocol matters in the university
• Preparing weekly analysis of public opinion and conveying to management when necessary.
• Liaising with office of the officer in charge of marketing in regard to exhibitions and shows to ensure their effectiveness.
• Advice Management on communication problems and techniques needed to protect, improve and preserve the image of the University.
• Managing guest relations, itinerary and hospitality services for visitors on official visit to the University.
• Supervision of Staff in the Public Relations Office
• Managing administrative duties in the section.
• To prepare periodic Publications aimed at marketing the University in liaison with the officer in charge of marketing.
• To liaise with ICT on the information posted on the University website to ensure they are current and relevant.
• Any other role that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for Appointment
i. Bachelors degree in mass communication, media studies, public relations, social sciences or equivalent
ii. Masters degree in mass communication, media studies, public relations or equivalent
ii. Computer Literacy
iii. Ten years of relevant work experience in a busy organization
iv. Must be registered by PRSK or MSK
For each of these positions, ten (10) copies of application should be submitted together with copies of updated curriculum vitae giving details of applicant’s age, marital status, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, present position and salary, telephone contact, name and address of three (3) referees, plus copies of certificates and testimonials. The reference number of the position applied for MUST be indicated on the application letter and on the envelope.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor
Administration, Finance and Planning
P.O. Box 103-40404
so as to reach him on or before 8th June, 2018.
Applicants are advised to contact their referees and request them to send reference letters to the above address on sealed envelopes not later than 8th June, 2018. Late applications will not be considered.