Royal Media Services
Royal Media Services Limited wishes to recruit a suitably qualified individual to the position of a Radio correspondent. He/she will be required to source, generate, package and present the news. He/she will report to the Head of desk
Available Vacancies: One (1)
Key roles & responsibilities
· Generating ideas for news stories and news features
· Following leads from news agencies, the police, the public, press conferences and other sources;
· Generating ideas to head of desks , editors and producers;
· Researching and compiling relevant information to support a story using credible information sources such as the internet, archives, databases, etc.;
· Writing scripts for bulletins, headlines and special reports;
· Exercising judgment on the best story angle;
· Using portable digital audio recorders and other equipment to record material and appropriate editing software to produce complete packages for broadcast;
· Preparing material for both pre-recorded and live pieces;
· Filling stories from the respective county
· Developing and maintaining useful contacts and relations with news sources;
· Understanding and complying with media law and industry codes of conduct.
Academic and professional/work Experience
· Degree in journalism, mass communications or any other related field
· At least one year relevant experience as a reporter / correspondent in a busy media house.
Excellent written and spoken English and Swahili (Attach English and Swahili demo in mp3 format)
An edge for news or features, ability for quick thinking, persistence, personal initiative and a good memory
Sound knowledge of the local and international social, political and economic news-shaping environment
A clear communicating voice
Ability to report accurately and impartially.
If you are interested and qualified, please email your CV, voice demo and an application by Wednesday 13th June 2018.
Clearly cite Job Ref No. Kajiado06/18. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.