Regional Finance Manager at RTI International
RTI is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research, development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI International Africa Regional Office seeks to recruit for Finance manager positon on a 5 months fixed term period for Maternity cover based in Nairobi.
• Support the work of the Regional office finance department and ensures that timely financial information is provided to the Regional office and projects’ leadership for decision making.
• Ensure appropriate systems and procedures (Cash management, vendor payments, budgeting and other related FM) are in place to properly disburse, account, budget and report project funds which are cost effective and timely.
• Capacity building and training of project staff on RTI financial policies, procedures, processes and systems.
• Monitor and strengthen the projects’ internal control systems.
• Support Regional office vendors’ payments and reconciliations. Responsible for disbursement of travel advances and review of the expense reports.
• Ensure completeness and accuracy of ledgers as posted in the accounting systems.
• Ensure timely submission of monthly accounting reports including trial balances, balance sheets, and P&L statements to RTI Home Office.
• Review and approve balance sheet reconciliations.
• Support Home Office based project coordinator in projects’ budget monitoring and control.
• Support ongoing financial audits.
• Manage accounts receivables and third party payments accounts; prepare monthly receivables account reconciliation, and follow up on aged receivable accounts with regional finance teams and project finance managers.
• Master’s degree with 5 years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree with 8 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Professional qualification in accounting such as CPA (K), ACCA or its equivalent.
• Knowledge of internal controls practices, familiarity with USAID rules and regulations, detail oriented and highly organized with ability to work under fast passed environment.
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and CV to [email protected]
Applicants must include the POSITION TITLE as “Regional Finance Manager” in the subject line of their email.
Please do not attach copies of certificates.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
To apply for this job please visit nb.rti.org.