Find a Job
/ ADVOCACY OFFICER
2 days ago
SACDEP-Kenya invites applications from suitably qualified Kenyan citizens to fill in the above posts.
Qualification Level: Diploma
Experience Level: Senior level
Experience Length: 10 years
Sustainable Agriculture Community Development Programme (SACDEP – Kenya) is a Development Organisation, with its head office based in Thika and working in 12 Counties in Central, Eastern, Coast and Rift Valley Regions of Kenya.
2. ADVOCACY OFFICER
Reporting to the Programs Manager, the person should have the following qualifications and responsibilities:-
Professional qualifications and Responsibilities
1. Diploma or Bsc. in any of these disciplines; General Agriculture, Agriculture Economics or
Community Development or livestock enterprises.
2. Practical Skills in designing and execution of evidence based advocacy programmes.
3. Over 10 years’ experience working in advocacy activities related to agriculture.
4. Thorough knowledge in policy and budgetary issues at County, National and regional levels.
5. Experience working with Small Holder Farmers and in projects involving multiple stakeholders.
Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Design and Implement Advocacy Projects.
2. Plan and conduct Advocacy Training to both agriculture trainers and community members on issues related to small Holder Agriculture.
3. Engage the media and policy makers around key policy issues affecting Small Holder farmers and natural resources; raise awareness; inform and influence policy making.
Applications to be accompanied by a C.V and indicating Current or previous salary. To reach the undersigned on or before Wednesday 13th April 2018.If you will not have heard from us by 31st May 2018 kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
SACDEP – Kenya
P. O. Box 1134 – 01000
Share this job post
LOGIN TO APPLY NOW
Email / Username
Minimum 6 characters
Keep me logged in
Not registered? Sign up
Safe Job Hunting
Banner Ad Rates
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on LinkedIn
Follow us on Instagram
The No.1 Job Site. All rights reserved.
Get it on Google Play
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.